*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Getting an online coach onboard has definitely stopped this cycle for me

It's not particularly a concern for me. Because I'm still exercising a lot, my weight is staying pretty stable. I'm also reasonably confident, if I put half a stone on over Xmas, I can get it back off quite easily... I think :)

How does it work with your online coach? You have to log food and exercise and they give you feedback every week or something?

Caporegime
Instead of my yo yo diets, gone the slow and steady route this time. Peaked at ~103kg at the start of this year and hovering around 95kg, most from doing 100km a week on my bike but a recent purchase of the Oculus Quest 2 is giving a nice boost. I still need to lose another 2 stone though :o:eek:

Man of Honour
It's not particularly a concern for me. Because I'm still exercising a lot, my weight is staying pretty stable. I'm also reasonably confident, if I put half a stone on over Xmas, I can get it back off quite easily... I think :)

How does it work with your online coach? You have to log food and exercise and they give you feedback every week or something?

Coach gets all my details and works out a diet for me either set meals or p/c/f breakdowns for me to work around. I go for the set meals as it's easier to just see exactly what I've got to eat.

Also given a weights plan and cardio plan.
I check in weekly with measurements, pictures and how I'm feeling.

They then adjust my meals and cardio plan as needed which is normally every two weeks at the minute.

Soldato
Yeah I thought that. It looked great as I sometimes find resistance bands uncomfortable but not sure I see value at that price!

The body is weird. I ran 24 miles on Saturday and today I’m heavier than I was Friday! I wouldn’t have even said I ate that much after either!

Permabanned
I'm totally intrigued by that bar. But the price! Cor blimey. Keep us updated on how you get on with it and I might change my mind by the summer. :D

To be honest I totally agree with you guys and I have been looking at it for a while before I pulled the trigger. What really swung it for me was joining the official and unofficial Facebook group which is really active and has lots of great photos and help for people. Lots of people offering help and inspiration who have been using it 2+ years, can they all be lying, who knows.

I ordered on the 30th November with the black Friday deal so cost me £420 inc delivery to the UK.

Taking the price out of it... something like this makes sense for me as I am a nightmare for going to the gym, I am great at doing things in the house and having a routine with my diet etc so hoping this helps me with my strength/toning.

The guy who made the device has a lot of YouTube videos with demos and help so I like that, I am also reading his book which makes sense to me.

So after that I was happy to take a punt, if it works then it will be the best money I have spent but only time will tell.

Man of Honour
To be honest I totally agree with you guys and I have been looking at it for a while before I pulled the trigger. What really swung it for me was joining the official and unofficial Facebook group which is really active and has lots of great photos and help for people. Lots of people offering help and inspiration who have been using it 2+ years, can they all be lying, who knows.

I ordered on the 30th November with the black Friday deal so cost me £420 inc delivery to the UK.

Taking the price out of it... something like this makes sense for me as I am a nightmare for going to the gym, I am great at doing things in the house and having a routine with my diet etc so hoping this helps me with my strength/toning.

The guy who made the device has a lot of YouTube videos with demos and help so I like that, I am also reading his book which makes sense to me.

So after that I was happy to take a punt, if it works then it will be the best money I have spent but only time will tell.

At the end of the day if you're happy with the price and you feel it'll actually get you working out then it's worth the cost.

It's exactly the same as me paying for a coach, for a lot of people a few hundred quid to have someone give you a diet and a workout routine is a lot of money.
There would have been a time I'd have agreed but right now it works for me and it's helped me get the fittest I've been in years.

Soldato
OP
At the end of the day if you're happy with the price and you feel it'll actually get you working out then it's worth the cost.

I'm not going to lie, when I saw £500 I wondered if it was some kind of scam... I imagine it costs a few pounds to make and is a pretty simple device surely? (I've not watched videos or looked into it at all, so could be wrong)

But, as said, if it actually works for you, then it's worth it to you.

Permabanned
I'm not going to lie, when I saw £500 I wondered if it was some kind of scam... I imagine it costs a few pounds to make and is a pretty simple device surely? (I've not watched videos or looked into it at all, so could be wrong)

But, as said, if it actually works for you, then it's worth it to you.

Yes it is simple and the feedback I have seen say its excellent feedback. I am sure the guy is making a good profit though.

Looking forward to trying it.

Caporegime
The body is weird. I ran 24 miles on Saturday and today I’m heavier than I was Friday! I wouldn’t have even said I ate that much after either!

I wish the body had some kind of predictable metric. It just seems to do whatever the hell it wants regardless of what you eat/burn in exercise. Yesterday after my short run and the day's subsequent eating, Cronometer calculated I was 600 kcals short of the figure needed to maintain. Yet, I still put weight on. I think maybe we didn't eat enough! Looking back, when I ate 3600 kcals I put the same amount of weight on compared to when I eat 1800 kcals. Can't get my head round it.

Soldato
Yeah it can be annoying. I know it's all long term and that by doing as we're doing over time it'll have a positive impact, but it would be nice if the body was more predictable as you say.

On the flip side, there are times i can eat a large 14" pizza and be lighter the next day so there are some silver linings :p

Soldato
My body is fine and pretty predictable, it's just sticking to my diet plan because hunger gets so bad I can't go to sleep.

I've basically hit a wall at 101kg and just failing to get under that to double digits as the hunger gets better of me.

When are we doing the official weigh ins for 2020, I vote before Christmas for obvious reasons :D

Associate
My weight is particularly high at the moment.

I need to start using other metrics I think to measure my progress. As off today, I am 116 Kgs at 6 ft 1. However, I fit in 36 inch waist jeans even though I'm not particularly tall! My lightest was bang on 100 kgs which will be my aim next year.

Caporegime
I've started my Christmas binging today with some cookies drenched in chocolate for elevenses and then a chocolate sponge pudding for tea. :D

So this morning I was 77.2kg and I'll do my post-Xmas weigh in on 4th January as I'm pretty much going to be scoffing all kinds of muck for the next two weeks with a couple of Fast 800 days here and there for good measure. I'll be ecstatic if the scales are 79.9kg or less on that date.

Soldato
I haven't weighed myself for ages. I'm going to start again tomorrow and plot the next fortnight. Dread to think where I'll land vs where the last chart ended.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I've kind of written off the diet from now through Xmas... I should try to stop myself going crazy still, which is often what I do when the reins are released...

15st 4 (97kg) is my current weight, my starting point. I'll get a weigh in the new year, then try and make sure it's all off again by the end of January :)

Back
Top Bottom