• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI gaming X trio 3080 -thermal paste

Associate
Has anybody repasted this card?

If so, what sort of temperatures are you getting before and after? thinking of replacing stock paste with NT-H2 by Noctua

Associate
Mine runs under load at 63-64c with the low temp bios.

don’t see any reason why you would need to re-paste if your temps are similar.

It does seem a very cool and quiet card, happy I went with it tbh. In the 60s is a dream. My 1080 FE has to have the fans turned up to like 85% and upwards to be in the 70s now while gaming. Hopefully get mine before Christmas in this latest shipment:D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It does seem a very cool and quiet card, happy I went with it tbh. In the 60s is a dream. My 1080 FE has to have the fans turned up to like 85% and upwards to be in the 70s now while gaming. Hopefully get mine before Christmas in this latest shipment:D

its a nice card, it wasn't my first choice but I'm happy, just want to get it a little bit cooler than the 70 odd I'm running at

Associate
I have the 3090 Gaming X Trio and my temps are terrible. In Cyberpunk the card reaches around 80-82c, I've tried to play around with fan placement as well as using an aggressive fan curve with no luck. I'm waiting for a block from Alphacool to come into stock then it will be going on water.

Associate
You’ll also notice that your boost clocks stay a touch higher now with the lower temps.

Free performance, they ought to come from the factory with the low temp bios installed as it obviously takes advantage of the huge cooler it’s fitted with.

Back
Top Bottom