This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Kids gave me a cheese cracker platter (they didnt go away for a week like I thought) - but the flies got to it first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sold my dads car. He lives in Spain and doesn't come back often, i've finally got him to agree that it makes sense to sell it and hire a car when he comes back over. Saves him messing around with flat batteries and all the other running costs.

It feels like something that should be difficult, but i took it to a local garage, agreed a price, he transferred me the money and all done and dusted in about 20 minutes.

Hmmm, now how much commission do i charge my dad! :D

Soldato
I'm torn really. On the one hand I'm bitter we employed a french advisor to help us through the process as we didn't know it and he didn't do his job, and as soon as he found out there was no commission for us, didn't give us the paperwork we needed from the banks to satisfy the "sales contract" that you sign in France when trying to buy a property, which led us to where we are. They didn't think we'd lose, but I think there's something to do with being the English ones coming in and not respecting the rules etc. when we tried. On the other hand, I'm glad this whole thing is over. Yes, I am roughly 17.5k down with no house to show for it (legal fees, architect fees, this court settlement) but at least it's done. Pay it and move on, or fight it and probably lose again but have the stress drawn out longer.
Sucks about that though, i remember you posting about that a while back.

Caporegime
@randomshenans my aunt and uncle had something reasonably similar. They bought a property, employed someone local prior to this to complete surveys etc. then, only after everything had completed did their new neighbours inform them the house was to be demolished to make way for a new road...
Tried to take the firm, the sellers, solicitors etc. to court as nobody had informed them of this and somehow lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom