• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I am afraid not as we feel if we made available now we’d be hit with complaints because we failed to get them to people before Christmas so it’s a gamble we’re unwilling to take as it shall be us who gets the blame if for whatever reason we cannot despatch quick enough or the couriers get hit with delays.

As such were most likely gonna wait for the new year at which point we should have built stock holdings on 3060Ti and 3070 to over 1000 cards and in theory can remain on sale for more than two minutes, maybe twenty minutes.

So 2021 for new orders on latest GPUs I am afraid!

Any 6800/6800XT?

I'd take a 3060Ti now even if it came in Jan.

Associate
I am afraid not as we feel if we made available now we’d be hit with complaints because we failed to get them to people before Christmas so it’s a gamble we’re unwilling to take as it shall be us who gets the blame if for whatever reason we cannot despatch quick enough or the couriers get hit with delays.

As such were most likely gonna wait for the new year at which point we should have built stock holdings on 3060Ti and 3070 to over 1000 cards and in theory can remain on sale for more than two minutes, maybe twenty minutes.

Appreciate the communication on it, will check back in Jan.

Associate

Christ I hope your warehouse security is good.

Caporegime
Could 2020 be more odd if it tried? We have a retailer sitting on stock of new GPUs that are choosing not to sell them at this time until they have built up sufficient inventory.

Associate
Could 2020 be more odd if it tried? We have a retailer sitting on stock of new GPUs that are choosing not to sell them at this time until they have built up sufficient inventory.

Or they don’t actually have them in stock, only possibly in transit to them.

No company is going to sit on stock it has and refuse to sell it. They would rather have money in the bank than unsold stock gathering dust. Especially at this time with stock shortages when they could get a few more £££ in the bank.

Stock on a shelf doesn’t pay wages, they need money in the bank for that.

They do box shift a lot of stuff but it doesn’t make commercial sense to just sit on stuff in a warehouse and refuse to sell it.

Associate
Or they don’t actually have them in stock, only possibly in transit to them.

No company is going to sit on stock it has and refuse to sell it. They would rather have money in the bank than unsold stock gathering dust. Especially at this time with stock shortages when they could get a few more £££ in the bank.

Stock on a shelf doesn’t pay wages, they need money in the bank for that.

They do box shift a lot of stuff but it doesn’t make commercial sense to just sit on stuff in a warehouse and refuse to sell it.

Nope - in stock, in hand. Read Gibbo's posts elsewhere, detailing how many of each model are delivered / in transit / expected, etc

OcUK Staff
OP
Nope, delivered = already sold
In transit = not in stock
Expected = not in stock

If they had stock they would sell them.

We have the stock, over 1000 plus across 6800 XT, 6900 XT, 3070, 3060Ti etc.
But we are not selling them, so you got that wrong.

We will continue to build stock and first week of 2021 we should be able to open up sales with large inventories on said cards, of course some will still sell out in seconds because even if we have 1000 as we do now and can increase that towards 2500 plus for first week of January they will still simply sell out within minutes if not seconds.

Were even seeing a mad rush on 1050Ti at moment. Demand is just bonkers, pandemic, brexit fears, further price increase fears, or just lack of supply but customers are buying any and everything up, unless miners are now even mining on 1050Ti, who knows but its crazy.

We won't be opening up sales before Christmas, ABSOLUTELY NOT, our warehouse is already maxxed out due to crazy order volumes, so would be pointless right now to give the warehouse another 1000-2000 orders to try and ship before Christmas, they need time to catch up, recover and prepare for the next onslaught of orders that new year shall bring.

If business is quiet after Christmas and warehouse has caught up then I may open up ordering on some cards and hint on this forum about it and nowhere else, but zero promises and it will most likely be January 2nd onwards and again hint shall be dropped in forum, were sat on a few hundred custom 6800 XT, a couple hundred 6900 XT MBA (as we never launched the product), 500+ 3070's and 1000+ 3060Ti as we did not launch several brands as can be seen from that not existing on our site. Hopefully in the next week or two we can further build those stocks more so come early January we can go live with potentially a few thousand cards, we still expect to sell out in a couple of hours but it will be more manageable and we should be able to prevent any over selling as its worked well for us on the recent launches by limiting ordering ability. :)

Caporegime
Demand is just bonkers, further price increase fears,

Fears? More like facts with regard to the last lot of launches, prices were cranked on just about everything. Leading upto launches it's become a trend on here that you see prices creeping up on a daily basis, the 5900x started at what, £530 then gradually went up and up now it's £600 last i looked.

OcUK Staff
OP
Fears? More like facts with regard to the last lot of launches, prices were cranked on just about everything.

Yes but all manufacturers are warning us are price increases, here is an email I got from one manufacturer earlier:

Hi Gibbo,

I hope you are well?

I need to urgently update you on an immediate change we have had to make to our pricing due to the significant cost increases we have been incurring on logistic prices from the Fareast and subsequently for local European final logistic costs. (As well as material costs)

We are doing our best to spread this cost, but it's impossible for us to maintain prices as they were, so we are absorbing as much as we can, but we have no alternative but to adjust prices with immediate effect.

**The price change is effective from invoices from December 15th onwards

Please adjust any PO prices that you have on the following products to the below-listed prices:

2021 shall be interesting and no doubt more headaches......

Associate
That's bonkers so a couple thousand cards and are holding them all instead of selling them?

Imagine if say a UK store had 2000 ps5s and refused to sell them. Lynch mob! :D

It's a strange strategy and if those cards had been carefully allocated it would have removed the need for a couple of thousand people having to camp out on twitter and discord for stock alerts.

Associate
Now the question is, Will these 1000 cards be sold at the old price or the new price as per the suppliers email?

You need to ask?

I almost feel bad for people who haven't managed to buy a card yet. Wait for all the increases due to shipping... then Brexit. Going to make the old RRP look like a fantasy.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

That's bonkers so a couple thousand cards and are holding them all instead of selling them?

It's a strange strategy and if those cards had been carefully allocated it would have removed the need for a couple of thousand people having to camp out on twitter and discord for stock alerts.

I think it makes perfect sense, esp if they don't have the capacity to ship them before xmas.

Thanks for the update @Gibbo - have a great xmas and we'll see you in the new year :)

Soldato

No its not he explained why they dont just sell GPU's they sell 1000's of lines and if they already have a massive backlog (I think previous he said they were behind 5 days worth of stock to ship out) how do you expect them to ship over 1000 GPU's at Christmas with social distancing and Covid/staff shortages. The poor warehouse guys must be sweating their cotton socks off they are just human like you and me some people can be downright selfish.

You do not have a clue !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom