Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I've only managed about 7 hours playtime on my base PS4 so far but have not had a single crash yet, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket this weekend :D

Soldato
Even if you've not had a crash, surely you've experienced the plethora of other issues with it!?
Other than the low frame rate at times it's just not the game I expected it to be, not actually had too many issues with it myself (the only really notable one that annoys is trying to target drops for pick up) that I have actually noticed, might be plenty that I've just not paid attention to of course though, it's certainly not unplayable, I just don't find myself wanting to play is the issue.

Soldato
It’s far from “unplayable” on base PS4 and Pro.
Check this video out (no affiliation) it’s just an honest hour plus gameplay on a PS4 BASE model with chat and thoughts on it.

https://youtu.be/aWk7SWn5REo

Still enjoyable and tbh I was impressed with how well it actually ran.

Make your own mind up
Btw
I’m playing it on PS5 and Xbox X. And absolutely loving it.

Associate
It'll be totally worth it when it's a next-gen game that doesn't crash every few hours.

After finishing up The Witcher 3 + all DLC this year I wanted something different, 2077 is exactly what I was after. The crashing is annoying, I don't deny it but is otherwise fine. I specifically avoided all news about 2077 aside from the odd delay reported. In fact I had no idea 2077 was made by the same studio whilst playing Witcher 3 for months.

I've gone into this game with no expectations and so far am enjoying it. I hated Witcher 3 to start with (PC), sluggish controls, some huge lag that is/was widely reported but ultimately you get used to it and live with it until you don't notice (some people never did). Spent the best part of a week using third party patches and other .ini hacks.

Thinking back, this has actually been a better start than I had with Witcher 3.

Again, wouldn't recommend on last gen but if you REALLY want to play it, if you don't mind the odd crash for a game you will likely be playing for months (eg hundred plus hours) then the odd crash is hardly the end of the world. If you can't hack that then wait a year or as I did, 5 years for Witcher 3 with DLC plus all the in game adjustments made based on player feedback.

Associate
Lets not forget the witcher 3 launch wasn't exactly smooth either. They done a bait and switch on the graphics, the framerate dropped like a stpone, it was buggy and the controls were terrible.

The 'compete' edition I played suggests a lot of changes were made since it's original launch.
  • Features all technical and visual updates as well as a new user interface completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from members of the Witcher Community.

That being said, 2015 I booked off a few days for FO4 when (looking back) I should have been playing the The Witcher 3, it's just a better game. Better late than never but I regret not 'descovering' it way back. Not going to repeat that again.

Soldato
The 'compete' edition I played suggests a lot of changes were made since it's original launch.
  • Features all technical and visual updates as well as a new user interface completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from members of the Witcher Community.

That being said, 2015 I booked off a few days for FO4 when (looking back) I should have been playing the The Witcher 3, it's just a better game. Better late than never but I regret not 'descovering' it way back. Not going to repeat that again.
Yeah the original launch wasn't great but they ended up fixing it over time so it was pretty solid on consoles. At the time it was all the same crap that is being spouted now 'They're not Rockstar' 'It's a huge project' etc.

But they done the same thing with the launch, hide the consoles version show off PC version, then when the console version launched people were like 'hanngggg onnnnn' And now five years later it's the same old same old. And in 5 years or so when they release the Witcher 4 i don't doubt it'll be the same.

Soldato
Considering the dev is now willing to refund physical copies as well at there expense it says enough.

It also begs the question they must know a few patches ain't gonna fix the mess, it will take more than that.

Soldato
On XSX it plays and looks pretty decent but so much stuff seems to be broken/missing/badly designed. I'm not going to return my copy but I don't see much point carrying on (I've just done Act 1) as I'd rather wait until things are fixed and have a better experience. There are enough other games to play in the meantime and whilst the game shouldn't have been released in this state I'm pretty confident that CDPR will fix it up over time although I'm guessing 3-6 months at least before it's close to being what I expected.

Back
Top Bottom