Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
It's weird. Even seeing all this negative coverage regarding bugs, delays, company politics I'm still strangely keen to try out the game. Mainly to see if it's as bad as some say and watch the improvements made as next gen versions release later next year.

Odd how the psychology of that works!

I have a copy sitting on the shelf but haven't played it yet. I'll decide when I finish work for Xmas later in the week whether to open or return it!

I do honestly think people should play it and make their own mind up about it rather than to listen to all the whinging. Loads of games are buggy on release and this is no exception, but after playing it on my Series X I can't help but feel like there's a bandwagon on the move here and people can't wait to jump on it. It's actually pretty good, I'm about 15 hours in and I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I've had one crash that wasn't really a crash because the game just went to dashboard and then upon reloading the game I was back at where it crashed right away, and I've also had a few glitches and bugs but they were funny more than annoying. I understand that some are having genuine issues, but I've also seen plenty playing it on base Xbox and PS4s and are saying it's fine for them so it makes you wonder. I do think we live in an age where people like to make a big deal out of nothing.

At the end of the day this has been an exceptional year for all of us. It can't have been easy to attempt to complete a game as ambitious as Cyberpunk whilst everyone is at home. I'd have been happy with another delay, but most wouldn't have been (death threats on Twitter, ffs come on!) and I think they just wanted to get it out. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Plenty of other games have released in a poor, buggy state and they've been pulled back. If you've got a next-gen console, you've got nothing to lose by trying it out. I think it looks and plays really well on my Series X, and do do others posting in here so just give it a go and see it for yourself. Just make sure you tweak the graphics settings as per suggestions in this thread and you should be more than happy with how it looks!

Soldato
I loaded up the 1.05 patch yesterday, tried changing some settings and couldn’t even get out of the menu, that was enough for me.

That happened to me too, I restarted the PS4 and it worked fine after that

I completed the game today (Just under 19 hrs) on the base PS4 and overall its totally playable. I found the game looks best with all the graphics effect turned off.

It's not without some minor issues, the game breaking bug I experienced was fixed in the 1.05 patch, the rest is more cosmetic issues. Performance is fine most of the time, seems to only be an issue when travelling in a vehicle in built up areas. It has crashed but it's not often, maybe 4 times during the entire game and most of these were before the latest patch.

Even if they had all the bugs fixed and having wonderful graphic, it's not going to change the rather shallow mechanics/gameplay...which overall I found rather disappointing.

- You get to a point when using a gun is pointless and doing all the hacking stuff is just fluff. Guns don't do enough damage and some enemies move too quick (Boss battles). Because you can craft almost limitless grenades and health the easy way is just to grenade spam and samurai sword everyone.

- The map is too big and if you just do the main mission, most of it will be left unexplored. Which leads me on the side missions and there is a lot of them. But they comes thick and fast from nowhere and I just didn't feel any reason to complete them.

The main story is surprising short with a rather lackness ending. So disregarding bugs and performance, I only rate the game a 6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
No to buy a developer who when they actually pull it off are well respected but are at their lowest point.

The Witcher IP locked into MS would have some drooling.

Not saying it's going to happen but I bet it will be discussed in some state by the team that looks at buying studios.

CDPR stock has taken a right nose dive.

Bit of perspective needed here. The 52 week range for their share price is $58-$124 per share. The current price is $78.80. The price 12 months ago was $70.80.

The current price simply isn't that cheap. It's low relative to where it was between mid-April and Cyberpunk's launch. And it's now performing poorly compared to many other gaming businesses. But the idea that it has become a bargain, ripe for acquisition, is nonsense. The market cap is $7.6bn, which is more than Microsoft plans to pay for Zenimax. And it's only $1.6bn less than Ubisoft's market cap.

Many would argue they're still very expensive considering the business owns just one studio, and a distribution platform which has tiny market share and limited appeal. They went public three and a half years ago at just over $16 per share, with their value rocketing on the back of Cyberpunk hype. The game is now out. It has problems. And yet the share price is still more than 4x what it was when they went public.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do honestly think people should play it and make their own mind up about it rather than to listen to all the whinging.

People often say this when defending something that's come under immense criticism. Millions of people have already played it and made up their own mind, plenty are enjoying it fine or enduring the issues but evidently plenty of others are not. There's more than enough information out there for people to make some relatively well-informed choices on whether they buy/play the game themselves.

Saying it's nothing out of the ordinary isn't particularly fair either; I can't think of a time when a AAA title with 8 million pre-orders was subsequently pulled from one platform's store, had performance warnings added by another, and refunds openly issued when requested all while the developer scrambles to apologise for their deceptive practices and make excuses. It's a pretty rare series of events really, and as much as I truly do feel for the individual developers, programmers, designers, artists etc who must feel terrible right now and do not deserve any abuse whatsoever, the company as an entity deserves to be made an example of for their conduct and it's somewhat refreshing to see it happen for a change.

Soldato
So one of the achievements is to complete all NCPD Scanner Hustles in each area.

Call me a noob but I skimmed over the tutorial as I was doing other things at the same time. How and what are NCPD scan we hustles?

Associate
So one of the achievements is to complete all NCPD Scanner Hustles in each area.

Call me a noob but I skimmed over the tutorial as I was doing other things at the same time. How and what are NCPD scan we hustles?

It's the blue items on the map, either a baseball bat or skull symbol. You also have to do the Gig side missions as well.

Soldato
How are people finding it on the Series X? Any hard crashes?

I've had two crashes back to the dashboard and two more times where performance dropped drastically and restarting the game resolved it. Put about 10 hours in, planning to get a refund, I might pick it up again in 12 months once the missing stuff (AI, decent inventory system, etc) is added and bugs addressed but right now it's a bit of a shambles compared to what was promised.

Soldato
Still really enjoying this - level 22, and level 31 street cred; mainly been doing side-missions and venturing around the map - though there are areas when I get slaughtered if starting trouble.

I found that restarting my Pro seems to keep the crashing to a minimum - though it still crashes, even though the patch was said to address it. But there are still points where the bugs get frustrating - like clipping into and object and being unable to move etc.

Associate
Loving it still on PS5. Doing a lot of the side mission's so I can upgrade my character but you got alittle overpowered for Main Missions so increased Normal to Hard.

Now shifting Levels toward body & guns so I can open doors or other voice options (my stealth and hacking is fine right now).

So I'm hoping that DLC next year (Summer, Autumn?) will have Next Gen patch.

Soldato
So I'm hoping that DLC next year (Summer, Autumn?) will have Next Gen patch.

Yeah, it'll be good to see what a next gen patch can add to the experience. Hopefully it's free as claimed!

I expect we'll see paid DLC for multiplayer and maybe an expansion pack(s) in future though.

Back
Top Bottom