• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Playing call of duty warzone on vega 64 and getting game freeze or crash back to destop. Sometime reports direct x sometime nothing. Card temps are fine anyone else seeing these problems? Thanks

Soldato
Playing call of duty warzone on vega 64 and getting game freeze or crash back to destop. Sometime reports direct x sometime nothing. Card temps are fine anyone else seeing these problems? Thanks

I get it, with BF1 (one of the few games I play regularly). Crashes to desktop. I reinstalled windows and did a fresh driver run this morning to see if it helped. I also turned off every extra in the drivers such as Radeon anti lag.

Soldato
try factory uninstalling the current driver either via the amd driver or with ddu and starting again. has helped me in the past.

Perhaps do an integrity check on the game files too just in case.

Associate
On 12.1 my main monitor resolution keeps resetting from 1440p to 720p with no way to change it back. It doesnt do it every boot but forces me to reinstall drivers to get in back to normal. Anyone else having this issue?

Soldato
My 6800XT should be with me tomorrow. I have a 1080Ti installed, have done for many years. Is it reasonable to use something like DDU to clean out the Nvidia stuff before moving over to the AMD install and 20.12.2 install....?

Thanks

Soldato
Got a weird issue - I can't get my AMD Radeon Software Centre to load.

Windows 10, 5700XT, Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 version. Tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall, still wont load. Tried rolling back to the non beta version that comes packaged with it and November release... still wont load.

When I say it wont load, right click on the desktop and clicking "AMD Radeon Software" gets me a nice loading icon on my cursor, but then after a few seconds that stops and nothing ever appears. Same response if I try to load from the start menu.

Any idea what on earth I've done? was working perfectly a couple of days ago.

Permabanned

Windows 10, 5700XT, Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 version. Tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall, still wont load. Tried rolling back to the non beta version that comes packaged with it and November release... still wont load.

When I say it wont load, right click on the desktop and clicking "AMD Radeon Software" gets me a nice loading icon on my cursor, but then after a few seconds that stops and nothing ever appears. Same response if I try to load from the start menu.

Why this particular old version? Can't you download the latest https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...d-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt, but before then uninstall with DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Associate

I've seen that behavior when pushing the overclocking a bit too far. There's about 3 processes that run which need to be closed before reloading the Software Centre will work.

If this is happening after restarts then perhaps suggest a dodgy profile hasn't been removed and causing instability or the card is on its way to failure. Could be a power thing, try pulling the card and re-seat it and the connectors.

Soldato

That has worked perfectly - thank you

I've seen that behavior when pushing the overclocking a bit too far. There's about 3 processes that run which need to be closed before reloading the Software Centre will work.

If this is happening after restarts then perhaps suggest a dodgy profile hasn't been removed and causing instability or the card is on its way to failure. Could be a power thing, try pulling the card and re-seat it and the connectors.

Never overclocked, but thank you for the feedback :)

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a shortcut key to toggle the Metric Overlay when playing games..? Not the ALT + R key combo for the full overlay but just for the Metric.

A pity that you can't add other items to it, then again that is what AB, RTSS and HWinfo is for I suppose.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone know if there is a shortcut key to toggle the Metric Overlay when playing games..? Not the ALT + R key combo for the full overlay but just for the Metric.

A pity that you can't add other items to it, then again that is what AB, RTSS and HWinfo is for I suppose.
Check the Hotkeys sub menu. Default is Ctrl+Shift+O I believe.

Back
Top Bottom