Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Caporegime
It's great to have "RAID" back, such a fun map.

How did you update the headset? Was it via steel engine 3? I'm trying to do it on an iMac but it won't see it.

I've been trying on my MBP, doesn't work with Mac. Cant get it to update on windows 10 machine either. Not really that impressed with how rubbish it works.

My X9s are decent, had issues with disconnects early days but found it didn't like too many wifi devices on (phone, watch etc) so turning that off has solved that

Soldato
I've been trying on my MBP, doesn't work with Mac. Cant get it to update on windows 10 machine either. Not really that impressed with how rubbish it works.

My X9s are decent, had issues with disconnects early days but found it didn't like too many wifi devices on (phone, watch etc) so turning that off has solved that

Thanks, a mate said he'd drop off his windows laptop later so will see if I can get it to work. It's fine apart from the controller losing connection thing. I've got a Razer Turret, 9x and controller all sharing the Xbox Wireless and they're all fine whilst working, however, if I don't turn the headset off first then it all starts to unravel.

Associate
It's great to have "RAID" back, such a fun map

Really enjoying cold war multiplayer trial (much more than i thought i would) & I do really enjoy this map...they also unlocked Raid 24/7 for us today :). Had a couple of best plays (not bad for complete noob) though xbox does not want to allow me to upload any content at the moment. No real bugs but for some reason ocassionally get glitchy graphics quality on the cut scenes before each game though reckon server issues and not the one x. Will likely give warzone a go when the trial ends and keep an eye out for a pre-owned disc copy once prices drop...i only play for multiplayer no campaign.

Caporegime
Thanks, a mate said he'd drop off his windows laptop later so will see if I can get it to work. It's fine apart from the controller losing connection thing. I've got a Razer Turret, 9x and controller all sharing the Xbox Wireless and they're all fine whilst working, however, if I don't turn the headset off first then it all starts to unravel.
I tried again and it worked on my windows pc, firmware update done. not noticed any diff but nice to know it works. Apparently the update makes it compatible with mac over blue tooth too

Soldato
I tried again and it worked on my windows pc, firmware update done. not noticed any diff but nice to know it works. Apparently the update makes it compatible with mac over blue tooth too
Worked a treat with a PC. Seems to turn the headset off too now when I turn the Xbox off, not sure it done that previously? Nice to not have to worry about the order I turn it on or off! I also took the opportunity to use the razer software for the turret, adjusted the polling rate and set up some DPI settings.

Kind of fallen in love with the M16, such a hip fire monster.

Soldato
I played the recent free week on Xbox and ended up buying Cold War as I enjoyed it so much. I used to play COD all the time on PC, but stopped around the time of MW2.

Looks and plays great and I seem to be holding my own. I understand there is skill based matchmaking, which is probably helping me!

Not touched the campaign yet, but will at some point.

Pretty much exclusively using the Krig 6. Any other weapons that are worth investing some time in?

Soldato
I played the recent free week on Xbox and ended up buying Cold War as I enjoyed it so much. I used to play COD all the time on PC, but stopped around the time of MW2.

Looks and plays great and I seem to be holding my own. I understand there is skill based matchmaking, which is probably helping me!

Pretty much exclusively using the Krig 6. Any other weapons that are worth investing some time in?

I am still enjoying it (when I don't have migraine making such games a pain)

I seem to be getting worse though. Fairly often was at least top 3 and occasionally got 'play of the match', but lately lucky if make it to top 5. Though, i have been trying to max the bullfrog, so sticking to that mostly. Not sure if is good weapon or not.

Seems to take me forever to level weapons

Associate

Depends how you play but the weapons in general are pretty well balanced, tac rifles excluded. M16 / AUG are overpowered but they might not suit your playstyle.

The krig, AK47 and XM4 are all potentially the best assault rifle. The krig is the best at range and basically doesn't move, AK47 is probably the best all rounder, XM4 has the fastest fire rate so is good up close.

For SMGs the 74u is best.

Soldato
I'm now only using SMGs, even on long range maps (sometimes along with a sniper as secondary) Got gold now on the MP5, AK-47U and the Bullfrog. You can't go wrong with any of those, but my favourite is the bullfrog for sure.

Choked a nuke yesterday after I told myself I'm not gonna bother even trying with this COD. Got up to 20 gun kills / no deaths (think it was like 24 inc some gas mines), then totally just blew it by shooting bullets all around my target, until he turned around and shot me in the face :( I keep panicking as soon as I get up there and can;t stop my hands sweating :D

Caporegime
DMR/MAC-10 meta is incredibly annoying at the moment, CW attachments are utterly meaningless and don't do what they say either. Gunfights are just a thing of the past, you used to get knocked and there's a chance of you getting to some cover and to plate up and challenge but now it's instadeath - I'm running the weapons too, and its great when you manage to smash someone but it doesn't feel very rewarding right now.

Not sure what they can do to 'fix' Warzone as a BR game as there's little incentive to loot - just wait for your free box and effectively it's a big multiplayer map.

Associate
They could do with shaking it up a bit, like doubling the cost for a loadout and moving the first free box to round 2/3. Changing up the contracts would be nice too. As much as the new weapons from CW were welcome, I think they should purely have MW or CW weapons only; not both. The inconsistencies between the attachments in MW and CW don't help.

Hoping we see a new map or at least some major changes to the current map by Feb/March which would be a year since it's release.

Back
Top Bottom