• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Some assistance with my Palit RTX3060ti

Associate
Hi all

Wonder if I can get some advice. For some reason I cant seem to set a user defined fan curve for my Palit RTX3060ti. To cut a long story short I had a Palit GTX980 Super Jetstream for the last 4 or so years and that worked brilliantly. Everything was controlled by Palit's own Thundermaster software and when the temps rose then so did the fan speed.

However this is not happening with the RTX 3060ti, with the latest version of Thundermaster you basically have 2 working choices:

1) Auto (Fans are stationary for anything below 60 degrees Celsius)

2) A fixed fan speed. I've basically created 2 profiles, one @ 40% fan speed for general usage and a second profile @ 70% fan speed for gaming

I've also tried using MSI Afterburner and exactly the same thing occurs, therefore I'm pretty sure its not software related. Only thing I can think of would be a bios update for the card, tbh I'm a bit loathed to undertake this as these cards are not exactly in a plentiful supply

Any advice you chaps can give me would be most welcome

Cheers
George

Associate
Hi

What exactly happens when you try to set a manual fan curve on Afterburner?

Have you tried going to settings/ fan control setting the curve. Then you need to click the little 'cog' on the main UI next to the fan speed setting.

This should work as I also have the Palit 3060ti and works fine. Let us know if not.

Associate
OP
Hi mate

Yeah I've done that, the little cog is highlighted and nothing occurs, basically I can set the fan speed at either zero or 100% in the fan curve and it makes no difference

Associate
Hi,

That is interesting, unfortunately its difficult to say what could cause that. I am hesitant to suggest its the card as I have exactly the same as I'm sure others do.

Possibly could be a mobo bios issue? I would update that before the card (unless its relatively new)

The only thing I could suggest is contacting Palit directly and asking them. I have no idea how their customer service is.

I'll take another look at mine and check if it's doing anything weird but am certain its all working fine as set my curve as soon as I installed. Good luck mate sorry can't help further.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the responses guys, really appreciate your input

I have a nagging feeling that it might be Palit's Thundermaster software causing the issue, so I will uninstall that from my PC and just try MSI Afterburner

My motherboard is on its latest bios so that's not an option. Will investigate Avast antivirus just in case

Will defo report back if I have any joy :p

Associate
OP
Ok quick update.............

Uninstalling Thundermaster from my PC has cured the fan curve and I can now control it via MSI Afterburner

However I'm now stuck with the green led lights constantly glowing on the RTX 3060ti

Is there any way I can get around this chaps?

Back
Top Bottom