*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Settings vary a lot by game but il give you some recommendations as my 2080ti is almost identical to a 3070 apart from higher vram. Rest of my setup is ryzen 3900x and 32gb ram and M.2 hdd.

squadrons I run the following

occulus PC app 80hz @ 1.5 render resolution
Oculus debug tool set the bitrate anywhere from 300-350
Set all in game settings to ultra under the VR graphics sub options and make sure render resolution is set to 100.
After this go into the games normal graphics (non-vr settings) and set all of this to the lowest settings and set the output resolution to the monitor to lowest setting. You don’t want to have the computer trying to run good graphics on the monitor when you can’t even see it.

you can try running at 90hz and 1.7 sampling I. The oculus app but you might struggle with stutter a bit but it’s worth a try.
When you say 1.5 do you mean the top line on the debug tool? Or the slider with the resolution on oculus desktop app?

Associate
Quite a few on here have them now, seem to get decent feedback. Takes ages to come though, especially at the moment!
Yeah that’s understandable I guess. I’ve got standard strap on and it’s not too bad. Although my forehead was getting sore after a marathon Pavlov session

Associate
Ok, I tried that and it was a very high resolution and seemed to kill the FPS. I’ll try it again later. The steam VR slider seems to have a mind if it’s own too.
So 1.7 is actually native headset resolution in a funny kinda bout way. I’d personally not drop it lower than 1.3. Try 72hz at 1.3 as the lowest and adjust the bitrate as far down as 250mbps to see if that helps with stutter.

Associate
So 1.7 is actually native headset resolution in a funny kinda bout way. I’d personally not drop it lower than 1.3. Try 72hz at 1.3 as the lowest and adjust the bitrate as far down as 250mbps to see if that helps with stutter.
Ok great stuff, I’ll try it later. I tried the 1.5 earlier and booted up vtol and seemed fab. Then I tried others and I think the steam vr settings possibly had a negative effect. I’ll keep trying and report back. Appreciate your help.

Out of interest what does your resolution say in oculus app and resolution per eye setting in steam vr?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got an elite strap for Xmas. Insane how big a difference it makes. Stock strap I couldn't take more than 30 mins without a really sore forehead. Elite strap, I could play all day and it stays in place perfectly. I am ready for some serious sessions now :)

Soldato
Managed to have a look last night. Did the first steps thing. Mind blowing when things are going on all around you for the first time so I'm going to get a game after and have a proper go

Back
Top Bottom