Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Caporegime
I think I've done a boo boo, and now realised that I may not have enough stock of beans at home to cover me over Christmas. I don't really want to add to the Royal Mail stress by ordering from Rave now though.

I mean, that's why the exist. I got my squaremile order in two days, very impressed.

Soldato
Should always have a plan B for coffee, plus, their ability to deliver just a few days after roast, you have to put in some lead time , before beans will be viable anyway.
the suppliers with packets that fit through mbox could have an advantage except, minimum I usually get is 500g, more usually a kg.

Often have a digestif with the evening double expresso(s) - am particularly a fan of amarreto, Luxardo/salisa , not, sickly, disaronno.
new contender https://www.thedrinkshop.com/item/18913/amaretto-adriatico-roasted
A sipping Rum works too

[

Technical side - need a separate thread

interesting article on thermoblock/coil as used in sages - re-affirms need for more regular descales, or care on water type.
https://www.homegrounds.co/uk/thermoblock-vs-thermocoil-boiler/
also

https://clivecoffee.com/blogs/learn/heat-exchangers-with-pids-are-they-worth-it
Although better boiler insulation might help stability, pid might be a better investment for my HX

]

Soldato
Ordered from 47 degrees yesterday morning, arrived this morning...and a personal email from them. Service!

The Colombian Supremo is a very nice classic espresso. Will try the Yirg tomorrow.

Still waiting on Dorset Coffee order placed a week ago :/

Soldato

Thank you mate. I’ve seen those in my local nearby Sainsbury’s so I’ll keep them in mind. The Taylor’s of Harrogate stuff was what I first tried in my bean to cup and they were dire.

I had forgotten to mention that I did a last minute order with Rave and them and Royal Mail came through for me yesterday. I received 250g bags of:

Chatswood Blend No6
Fudge Blend No5
Signature Blend No1

That should tide us over during Christmas.

Soldato
I'd thought momentum was way too light for espresso - had a refund ...I see coffee compass still have a reasonable deal

In the interim had even bought some ModernStandard Momentum espresso beans, also sold in JS. but (as they concurred by email)
they do not really do dark roasts - also annoys me as they do not put roast date on packages just BB 03/05/18 lol - maybe they were roasted 03/05/17

EDIT went for
Coffee Compass Espresso Selection
Please Select.....

Brighton Lanes, Hill & Valley, Mahogany Roast Jampit Hit
Please Select.....
Whole Bean (Un-Ground)
ESPSELECT 1 £ 23.00

Soldato
Quite possibly. I should have contacted them at the time to see if they wanted it returning, but didn't.

Got the Skyberry today, despite the delay, it's nice and fresh, big bloom. Didn't get the grind right for the first pour over so it was a bit too strong and muddy, but a nice aroma.

The Ethiopian Yirgacheffe I got from 47 degrees is lovely though.

Soldato
Excellent, glad to hear your experience is better than mine.

We're getting dangerously low on coffee in this house. Hopefully my Hasbean In My Mug bag will arrive today or I'll have to come to terms with there being no decent coffee tomorrow. Due tomorrow is 1.5Kg from Rave so I should be sorted for the next week or two :)

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Hi all my roaster caught fire yesterday so after some beans already roasted fresh within a week or two.

i am based in london and tried places like bella barista and hasbean but they all dont process orderes until 4th jan

Origin Coffee Roasters
Square Mile
Ozone Coffee Roasters
GRIND

All London based and excellent.

Soldato
Soldato
Dark arts is local to you, but I doubt they'll be open.
Climpsons in Broadway market, Also try pavilion bakery there. These are the most likely
Allpress - closed due to tier 4.

Bethnal Green = try Second shot, ****offee (darkside coffee) Exmouth coffee. Shoreditch & Islington you are spoilt for choice.

Soldato
Hi All,

I've had my machine dialled in quite well recently, however yesterday without warning everything hit a big reset. Without no change of grind setting or coffee dose - my coffee was choking on the machine.

Has anyone else experienced something like this before? I imagine it will come down to my distribution / grind - however it was just out of the blue.

Back
Top Bottom