BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Really enjoying theX3M. Engine has loosened up nicely and the acceleration over 2500 is insane. The fuel economy isn’t bad on a run but comical round town. Sounds pretty decent especially in sport plus and handles well. Day to day it’s a very easy car to live with just turns into a rampaging monster given half a chance.

Comes up nice when cleaned as well.

IMG-0340.jpg

IMG-0345.jpg

IMG-0343.jpg
That looks great for a 53 plate

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
If you're happy to go without warranty then the early G series cars are under 20k now...
Good shout... although this depends on budget, if the budget is teens to late teens then an F01 is gone now for sure, the G cars are a serious step up and are absolutely where to go now.

To be honest, I assumed a lot less, I watched a 2012 early LCI car, good assured mechanical report, with 108k miles (probably inaccurate :p) go through Blackbusche for just £6850(£7500 with premium) just before the Christmas shutdown, they are absolutely hated.

Under or at around £10k, I guess that they are a bit of a bargain...., although you’ll never sell it for anything.

Man of Honour
Good shout... although this depends on budget, if the budget is teens to late teens then an F01 is gone now for sure, the G cars are a serious step up and are absolutely where to go now.

To be honest, I assumed a lot less, I watched a 2012 early LCI car, good assured mechanical report, with 108k miles (probably inaccurate :p) go through Blackbusche for just £6850(£7500 with premium) just before the Christmas shutdown, they are absolutely hated.

Under or at around £10k, I guess that they are a bit of a bargain...., although you’ll never sell it for anything.

I don't think £10k can get one that's particularly great, probably £13-17k depending on mileage/spec etc.

Soldato

Wish I could get them at those kind of prices here, even the leggy ones with dashboards lit up like a christmas tree are 12-13k. A neighbor recently paid 15k for an (admittedly mint and low mileage) pre facelift E65!

Soldato
Really enjoying theX3M. Engine has loosened up nicely and the acceleration over 2500 is insane. The fuel economy isn’t bad on a run but comical round town. Sounds pretty decent especially in sport plus and handles well. Day to day it’s a very easy car to live with just turns into a rampaging monster given half a chance.

Comes up nice when cleaned as well.

IMG-0340.jpg

IMG-0345.jpg

IMG-0343.jpg
I know it's personal preference, but why bother with the model being in black? You can't see it surely?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Wish I could get them at those kind of prices here, even the leggy ones with dashboards lit up like a christmas tree are 12-13k. A neighbor recently paid 15k for an (admittedly mint and low mileage) pre facelift E65!
Saloons are hated in the U.K. remember...as are particularly large complex cars...combine the two and you have a no mans land car such as the old 7s...

shudder at the thought of 15k for an E65, ha, mad.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I don't think £10k can get one that's particularly great, probably £13-17k depending on mileage/spec etc.
Don’t spend that on an F01, these are cars which appeared 12 years ago now and are in no mans land. Even at this budget your depreciation will be quite bad on an upper end price F01, run one through WBAC (or just look at the CAP/Glass values) and you’ll see what I mean. Lovely cars but buy one sensibly...

IMO....take Fox’s advice about an early G car, they are a considerable step up and your upper end budget isn’t far off.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
At least lust over something other than black on black on black on black. Looks like an Uber.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'd never buy a black car, it's just the first one that came up.
Good! :D
Honestly that 53 plate X3M looks a bit **** in black if I’m honest.

The are some great colours for the X3M like the frozen grey or blue that really make it stand out. Seems a waste all in black..

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Man of Honour
the depreciation on this would be about £300/mth,

I disagree with this. I think it has considerable value to lose and will suffer as every model does when they are all fairly old and the value compresses meaning the age stops making massive differences and a 2018 ends up not being worth an awful lot more than a 2014.

Ie look at the difference in value now between a 2007 335i and a 2011 335i. Not a huge difference.

The time to sink 27k into an F series BMW that isn't M powered has long passed imo.

Man of Honour
I disagree with this. I think it has considerable value to lose and will suffer as every model does when they are all fairly old and the value compresses meaning the age stops making massive differences and a 2018 ends up not being worth an awful lot more than a 2014.
interested in your thoughts...
my f32 i bought for £20k and now trading for £11k after 3 years = £250/mth depreciation
the new car is exactly 4.5 years newer, so taking my man maths: £11k + (54 mths x £250) = £24500
i'd have paid an extra £2350 for a newer car with a better engine and gadgets

notwithstanding the newer model coming soonn (that is the god-awful g26 with a face only a mother could love)...if i kept the car the same length of time, i'd expect it to have a similar residual (£11-12k)?
or am i totally ballsing up my maths?

Man of Honour
Don’t spend that on an F01, these are cars which appeared 12 years ago now and are in no mans land. Even at this budget your depreciation will be quite bad on an upper end price F01, run one through WBAC (or just look at the CAP/Glass values) and you’ll see what I mean. Lovely cars but buy one sensibly...

IMO....take Fox’s advice about an early G car, they are a considerable step up and your upper end budget isn’t far off.

Looking at the ones for sale at around £14k, WBAC will offer around 12 for them, so not a million miles away. I don't think £14k for a nicely specced, cared for F01 is too bad. The ones closer to £10k are invariably rough. Open to any suggestions if you spot some though.

I've seen this one, nice.

To be honest at this sort of price it's probably worth spending another £3-4k and getting a fresher one from AUC and trying to get a 2 year warranty thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom