Cyberpunk 2077 fault and fixes (no spoilers)

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I'm on a laptop with a 7700HQ (no OC) and a GTX1070 Mobile and after 150hrs I haven't had a single CTD yet.

I've run 140hrs at 4k Low (only LOD is High) for 30fps and 10 hrs of 1080p Ultra (no DoF or Motion blur) for 60fps with my laptop running 85-95'c CPU and 65-70'c GPU (new Kryonaut paste applied to both a month ago) for between 8-12hrs a day over 17 days so far (in Saudi off work with a busted knee) so I've definitely "stress-tested" my setup and can't make it CTD, even ramping up the 4k settings just makes it run extremely slow rather than CTD.

After watching a Jayz2cents video I wonder if people suffering lots of CTD's have changed any hardware in the past (i.e. changed GPU etc) before playing the game i.e. old hidden drivers/software causing issues? I know it won't be everyone but there's a really odd difference between PC gamers having nothing but CTD's and others like myself having zero CTD's that can't just be "the game is broken".

My system is a fresh build for cyberpunk new install from ground up and started cyberpunk fresh on this machine

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Thought it was okay but back to crashing I may try disabling the oc on cpu, but gonna play horizon zero dawn as this is getting annoying

Soldato
So here's what I've found that has been *mostly* successful in removing the majority of CTD crashes from Cyberpunk.

1) Download and unpack Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Reboot into safe mode, and run it, remove all traces of existing Nvidia drivers. Reboot, and install the latest Nvidia drivers afresh.

2) Open Nvidia Control Panel and go to 'Setup Digital Audio' - and turn off audio on ALL HDMI ports. Do this before launching Cyberpunk. Annoyingly, you have to do this after EVERY reboot.

On another note, I've found a likelihood of more crashes if I put the PC to sleep at all during the day, and then try to play Cyberpunk. So for the time it takes, I'd say before playing, reboot, do step 2) and then give it a try - See how it goes, nothing lost to try it!

Soldato
Only had 2 CTD's and that was due to a back OC on both the cpu and gpu, cp2077 seems very sensitive to clock speeds and voltages possibly cos it pushes the system pretty hard. Not sure what your issue could be as you've said you're turned of any OC's you had and still getting the same. I had a friend who also had issues but with trying to load a saved game, it would hang on loading and never actually load it...

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
So here's what I've found that has been *mostly* successful in removing the majority of CTD crashes from Cyberpunk.

1) Download and unpack Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Reboot into safe mode, and run it, remove all traces of existing Nvidia drivers. Reboot, and install the latest Nvidia drivers afresh.

2) Open Nvidia Control Panel and go to 'Setup Digital Audio' - and turn off audio on ALL HDMI ports. Do this before launching Cyberpunk. Annoyingly, you have to do this after EVERY reboot.

On another note, I've found a likelihood of more crashes if I put the PC to sleep at all during the day, and then try to play Cyberpunk. So for the time it takes, I'd say before playing, reboot, do step 2) and then give it a try - See how it goes, nothing lost to try it!

Thanks for the advice but managed to get it stable now, have to run with no oc and delete a file eventide I start it but I'm 30 hours in now :)

Back
Top Bottom