Bigger family car after a Focus - help needed

Soldato
The guy wants a bigger car, whether he could make do doesn't really matter now....

For comparison sake my focus estate isn't much bigger in the boot than my Octavia hatchback was overall and is definitely smaller in the back, though that's partly down to the massive Recaros in mine.

I wouldn't jump from a focus to an Octavia, it would still bring with it the mild annoyance of having to think where stuff was going to go (I'd still need a roof box even with an Octavia estate if went anywhere for a few days with dog in tow as well as the kids) - a Superb however would deal with absolutely anything you wanted to do pretty easily and they're a much nicer car inside.

Associate
I always remind myself that if someone is being unpleasant to you or someone else on the Internet, you never know really what the reason is. Maybe they have something going on in their life, or maybe they're just not a nice person.

I hope that if it's the former @Dis86, things improve for you in 2021. Happy New Year.

Soldato
What about a Mondeo.
We changed from a Focus to a Mondeo for this exact reason, boot is huge and easily fits a really big pram and push chair and easily two child seats in the back. Plus everything elses at the same time.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with wondering why people can't manage two kids in a family hatchback. It is what they're designed for after all? If you simply want an echo chamber then my advice would be don't ask questions on forums if you think you might get a reply you're not going to like....

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Yes you can make do with a Focus, but why should you when there much better options. When my 2 were in the baby seats no way on earth would i have run around in a Focus.

Bigger cars exist to make life easier, the guy wants an opinion on a new car, thats all. None of the points made by the pro Focus class make sense, in this day and age.

Soldato
Looked at a Kuga? We've had one for a couple of years now and it's been great, loads of room, solid and reliable for us. We've been away for camping holidays with it loaded up with tent etc and haven't struggled for space at all. Now our youngest is out of prams and stuff we'll be downsizing a bit probably but it's been a good car.

Back
Top Bottom