***Steam Winter Sale 2020***

Associate
Shaping up to be the second year in a row where I buy absolutely no games in any of the chrimbo sales.
Just don't see anything grabbing me that I don't already own.

Soldato
Mainly picked up some add-ons for Train Sim World 2, which has grown on me considerably (just a shame there'll never be a route editor).

Also bought X4 to try but refunded after half an hour, total **** IMHO, couldn't even get the controls to configure properly. Usually by this stage of the lifecycle, Egosoft have ironed out most of the bugs. Back to Terran Conflict for me!

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I've only bought two games so far [well, which I've kept].

The first was Axiom Verge which I initially loved but got bored with very quickly. The maps are too large and sprawling, too much backtracking and fighting respawned enemies, would have much preferred it if it were linear.

The surprise game of the sale for me was Muse Dash, which is absolutely excellent. It's a music/beats focused game, and so often these things are done poorly, but this one does it really well [miles better than Audiosurf], not least because a lot of the tunes are awesome.

I bought Baba is You and Oneshot, but got them both refunded.

Associate
anyone ever try the total war warhammer games ? or any games in the total war series ? combat looks interesting, but i may be put off by the turn based parts of the game ?

You are best to refer to the Total War: Warhammer thread in this forum for a proper appraisal of the game. If all you want is combat, it may not be the right game style for you, but the Total War series has a good mix of empire building and management. The Warhammer iteration is particularly flavourful due to the number of races, units and magic involved. Bear in mind there is a lot of additional content in DLCs (i.e. extra playable races), however it is not essential to purchase these. Pick and choose depending on what interests you.

It is absolutely worth £23 of your money to buy both TWW1 and TWW2 right now. If you do buy it, I would also recommend subscribing to the 'Grimhammer' mod. It makes significant improvements to the base game. The mod is currently under re-coding due to a recent DLC release, but it should be released within the next 2 weeks or so.

Last edited:
Soldato
CIV IV Platinum Edition £20.99 on CD keys if anyone is interested.

As far as I know it's everything CIV VI related, base game, the two expansions and all the DLC's, £35 ish on STEAM IIRC.

Associate
I bought GTA V and Battletech.

anyone ever try the total war warhammer games ? or any games in the total war series ? combat looks interesting, but i may be put off by the turn based parts of the game ?

Yes they are good. I have never had a problem with the turn-based parts, it adds strategy to the tactics.

Associate
I grabbed RDR2 in the Halloween sale for the price it is now.

I don't suspect it will come down for a while really.

If you are thinking of RDR2 though I would just grab it.

Ie it's s a sure thing, awesome game.

i picked it up. Fair old download but I’m enjoying it so far

Soldato
Bought Sea of Thieves on an impulse. A mate has got it for the Xbone so gonna see if we can crew up. If it’s a good laugh then the mrs might get it as well.

Soldato
One of the best if not the best RTS games I've ever played. Admittedly I'm into the Warhammer world but there is so much lore, game balance, support and game mechanics that it's a must in my opinion if you are into those kind of games

Back
Top Bottom