My sons PC keeps getting BSOD all the time? any advice please!

Associate
hi

my sons pc which is mostly newly built but i had to use win10 as mb didnt like win7 and im still learning win10 but i have no idea why it keeps getting Blue screens every so many hours and sometimes when its not being used just at desktop then it just crashes with blue screen. any help or advice on this would be amazing please?

could it be win10 pro which i bought off ebay or could it be my slave drive is all i can think off or even psu, but all is new

Radeon RX 580 re7
16gb memory
B450 Tomahawk (MS-7C02) rv00 rv 51
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 AM4 (1331) rv PiR-B2
Win10 Pro
AeroCool 600w 80 plus bronze

Associate
You seem to have a bit of a grudge against W10 :D
When you say you bought it from someone, did you just buy the product key and downloaded from MS directly, or did you get some install media and you installed from that (dodgy AF if you did this)?

And your 'slave' drive, an old drive that you had on hand? How old? Does it have bad sectors?

Another thing, Zen+ is a pain with memory, very flakey, but let's see the BSOD error before fingers get pointed.

Associate
OP
sorry for delay,

yeah i bought the windows 10 key off ebay and the slave drive is WD green 1tb from way back but i cant remember how to check it for bad sectors!

i only just caught the BSOD info which i seen was Failed: FLTMGR.SYS.
it happened even when pc was just at desktop a few times or when playing games.

Associate
FLTMGR.SYS

I had a search for that error and found this:-

Fltmgr Sys failure The [B said:
fltmgr[/B]. sys error is caused when Windows cannot read or process files that are on the hard drive, usually because the File System Manager is damaged or unreadable. If this is the case, it can cause hard drives to stop working and the blue screen to appear.

So, I'd try unplugging the second HDD you have and see if the issue persists with just the main boot drive enabled.

If it continues to BSOD, then I'd created a fresh Windows install to a USB from the
Create Windows 10 installation media section here:-

and Install Windows again,

Hope this helps.

Associate
I think either the hard drive or RAM is not working as intended, try Elfmister suggestion and then try switching RAM slots with its still not working.

Back
Top Bottom