Games you're playing, and games...

Man of Honour
Having picked up as PS5 and missed out on the PS4 era, picked up God of War, Horizon and Last of Us for £8 each at Xmas.

loved the old GoW games so thought I’d start new one, what have I missed?! Amazing game, wasn’t sure whether the Norse mythology would work but it’s such a good game. The atmosphere, acting and voice work are just sublime, graphically looks amazing still I think and nice to be able to play it at 60fps.

looking forward to Horizon next.

Horizon is one of my favourite games ever. So much fun and a strong story.

Associate
Picked up immortals Fenyx Rising over Christmas. Really enjoying it so far although had to take my foot off the gas with it as not to over saturate. I do like to have a few games on the go, single player and multiplayer. Fenyx does seem like a softer fluffier version of AC Odyssey, it carries over quite a lot of similar mechanics. Combat is simple and very easy to pick up, which lends itself to you feeling really powerful. Some great powers the Axe is great to use, slower than the sword but really lays down some damage.

The first 10 hours have been a blast and just couldn't get enough of it. I think it will look and play great on the Series X at 60fps. Graphics are bright and colourful the puzzles are great fun and break up the story. There does seem to be the usual Ubisoft copy and paste though but I think that is just because of the amount of time I'm playing it in one go. Each areas seems to repeat the same type of creatures but coloured differently, so variety is one thing I would say could be improved on. Overall cracking bit of fun.

Caporegime
I'm getting overwhelmed by the sheer content of Game Pass and doing the quests. I've still got tons of Batman Arkham Knight to finish but I also need do Shadow of War now. Just played the minimum amount of Tales of Vesperia and Monster Hunter World, both of which were tripe.

Soldato
Loving Immortals Fenyx Rising, just completed all 4 god quest lines and got to Kings Peak, I feel I am nearing the end of the main campaign. Great game and runs really well.

Some of the Vaults can be overwhelming but once you get to grips with the core mechanics they are fairly straight forward about what you need to do

Loving Immortals Fenyx Rising, just completed all 4 god quest lines and got to Kings Peak, I feel I am nearing the end of the main campaign. Great game and runs really well.

Some of the Vaults can be overwhelming but once you get to grips with the core mechanics they are fairly straight forward about what you need to do
How do you compare it to breath of the wild if you've played that?

Soldato

I've played both. I think it only gets compared because of the art style and it has similar gameplay elements, all of which existed prior to BOTW. It has some similar skills but I honestly don't get the comparison over all. BOTW didn't invent open world games.
I prefer it but mainly due to the 60fps and I enjoy the banter between two of the characters.

Soldato
I have it on Switch. Really didn't like it at all. Nice to look at but the platforming was atrocious. Not for me.

Same for me, the floaty imprecise jumping combined with the isometric view just frustrated me no end. I loved the art style but the game was nothing special at all, no idea why so many people liked it so much but each to their own :)

Soldato
Bought Ghost of Tsushima to play through this weekend. Started a few hours ago, and I’m liking it so far ! Although, my only gripe is, sometimes the game gets too dark during night time. I don’t know if it is supposed to be this way..but following tracks is near impossible.

Soldato
Decided as was struggling with valhalla, would play the the add-on for horizon.

Not far enough in to comment, apart from good to be back in that world

Soldato

Not played BOTW, but have now completed Immortals Fenyx, loved every second if it! Some of the myth challenges ill probably pass on, heard there is some DLC planned too so will wait for that, looking forward to see what that brings :)

Soldato
I bought Immortals due to the good impressions and the fact that its pretty cheap right now. Too much to play so no idea when I'll get a chance to get to it!

It's my favorite game in a long time. Also goes to show that I may have enjoyed BOTW were it 60fps and didn't have a washed out vaseline on the screen art style.
It may just be the first game I ever buy DLC for, Valhalla on the other hand can do one :p

Soldato
It's my favorite game in a long time. Also goes to show that I may have enjoyed BOTW were it 60fps and didn't have a washed out vaseline on the screen art style.
It may just be the first game I ever buy DLC for, Valhalla on the other hand can do one :p
Yeah I'll sell Valhalla once I am done with it. Not interested in any DLC. Game is long enough as it is. I might play Immortals straight after as it seems like a nice chill game to play.

Back
Top Bottom