Weird line on monitor

Associate
Afternoon

I have an EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 SC powering 2x Asus 27" monitors.

yesterday, the displays both went black for about 1 second then came back on.
It was only then that I noticed the secondary display now had a thin horizontal line all the way across getting fainter as it goes to the left...

Faulty monitor? Faulty gfx card?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Associate
Looks like a line of dead pixels on the monitor, do you have another device to plug into the monitor to see if issue persists.

Soldato
Switch your inputs on the back of the gpu.. if the line stays on the SAME screen then you know it's the screen (you could try a different input method on that screen too, just to eliminate the port). If it moves screen then it's either the cable or the gpu - at which point you try a new cable, if the line persists then it's the gpu.

Associate
OP
Switch your inputs on the back of the gpu.. if the line stays on the SAME screen then you know it's the screen (you could try a different input method on that screen too, just to eliminate the port). If it moves screen then it's either the cable or the gpu - at which point you try a new cable, if the line persists then it's the gpu.

I'll try that tomorrow. The primary (which is ok) is hdmi and the secondary (the one with the line) is dvi. I'll swap them over and see what happens! I can live with a bad monitor, as I'll just get a bigger monitor and use one, but, if it's the gpu, I'm baffled as I wouldn't know what to get to upgrade from my EVGA GTX 1080 sc

Associate
Have you downloaded the latest drivers as the previous ones had issues similar to this, although I think they were more specifically on the 1080ti. I though my monitor was knackered after installing the second most recent version so I tried removing and reinstalling the previous version and it was fine. Since read about it being a known issue and new ones are fine since I've installed them.

Obviously could just be dead pixels but just thought it might be worth checking given my experience as I wasn't alone.

Associate
OP
I reinstalled the latest drivers doing a clean install and the line is still there. I've also had the monitors for 6 years it seems so warranty definitely out.
I've ordered a
Gigabyte G32QC-EK 32" 2560x1440 VA 165Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Backlit Curved Gaming Mo

Back
Top Bottom