What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Another watch you may want to consider is the Casio EQB-1000D-1AER.

JWeXT1c.png

It can be had for just over £150.

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webst...000+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/?cmCat=OVM

It features an all metal constructions, sapphire crystal, 100m water resistance, solar power, chronograph, dual time display, a bluetooth connection (it links to an app and sets the time via the internet and also features a phone finder function from the watch) and also a chronograph. All of this is done and its only 8.9mm thick. I've never handled one in person but I've always considered it a bit of a sleeper from Casio.

The Casio Edifice watches look great. I’ve been spending quite some time looking at Tags and Omegas while wrestling with the prices. The Edifice makes me wonder why I should spend 10 to 20 times their price on watches that are technologically inferior IMHO.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah have not ventrued too deep into the Lum-tec range, the ones I had seen though all seemed to be rather big.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0764354957?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

This is the one. Got the usual big hitters like Rolex and omega as well as the lesser known / lower key brands. Don't worry I'll post a pic or two of a few pages when it arrives :p

Ah cheers! Look forward to seeing a couple of pics :cool:

Out of interest, what straps are they? I ordered a Geckota 20mm green seaford sailcloth.

This is the one: https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-298-one-piece-rubber-watch-strap

I've got the black on the Hamilton and had the green 20mm on the Marloe Morar previously. Really excellent straps and if you swap over the OEM buckle, it looks factory bundled.

Watching that Hodinkee video in a min :cool:

Soldato
I'm almost sure that Lum-tec was started by a guy on the replica watch forums I used to be on around 15 years ago. People used to send him their Panerai replicas, and he'd re-lume the dials with super luminova and take off that chinese stuff that doesn't last 5 minutes. Not long after that he paired up with someone and they started mixing their own lume so they could do blue and orange instead of the basic green everyone is familiar with. I'm sure that evolved into Lum-tec.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
An old friend used to wear Lum-Tec all the time, I kept noticing how bright the lume was which lead me down the path of looking them up. Probably one of the only non Tritium tubed watches that glow endlessly (seemingly)in whatever colour lume is applied. Quite cool indeed.

I'm very impressed by the Hamilton H-50 movement accuracy, at night when I sleep it's either on the desk dial up or in the watch box angled with 12 o-clock facing up. Been wearing it every day though since I got it whether working from home or bike riding out in these near 0 degree temps. In all these years it's the only analogue watch that's felt truly invisible on the wrist with this rubber one piece strap on due to the 36mm case. It doesn't heft its weight about when I move my wrist quickly like the 38mm Baltic does and to a smaller extent even the 39mm Flieger.

Accuracy_2021.01.05.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I do like that, reminds me of the Baltic HMS! Although the Baltic is a new release inspired by the old so I guess it's the other way round? :p

What audible movements have people had in their collections? I've been wearing the Khaki Pilot Pioneer a lot and if the angle is favourable to my ear position then I can hear the ticking of the escapement quite clearly even in a normal room setting even if my arm is fully extended away. This is the first watch I have had where I can hear the ticking without having to put the watch right next to my ear. It is the ETA 2801-2 but slowed down from 28,800bph to 21,600 which probably explains why it's more audible than if it were at the stock 4Hz. I can even hear it over the fast wireless charging pad on the desk and all PC case fans etc.

For the first few days I thought I might find this annoying after a while especially as I sometimes like to work on editing in a quiet room, but weeks on and now it feels weird if the ticking isn't there.

Safe to say it has fast become my favourite watch not just for this reason but the size and comfort of the aftermarket rubber strap too. If I had only this watch I think I'd be perfectly happy!

Soldato
Evening! I’ve ordered a Orient Mako 3 from Creation watches and it arrived today. Its a lovely watch but the dial is no where near as green as I’d hoped. I don’t fancy returning to Singapore! Does any one know of any reputable sites that I could try and sell?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Watchuseek forums and AVforums have rather large number of watch sales often. I've sold on both. If you are not a member though you may not have access to those sections yet so probably better off in facebook groups for local marketplace or dedicated watch groups.

Soldato
Has anyone made a post about purchasing a Rolex?

I enquired to Goldsmiths (I know...) and to get on the wait list you need to come in store, which is obviously TBC on when that will be possible.

Associate
I would just look at a decent used version rather than wait for however long Rolex decide.

I have long moved past the need to get a watch with a waiting list. Our local jeweler always has a nice selection of preowned watches. I have my eye on a nice Cellini Time there at the moment.

Associate
Apologies if this question has already been asked, but my insurance company have put me in a major predicament - They want a written valuation of my Omega watch within 14 days or risk cancelling my policy... this is all well and good and wouldn't be a problem if we wasn't in lock down! The watch was a gift some years ago, therefore I have no receipt.

Is anyone aware of any online valuation company's that will give me a written valuation with me providing only HD video / images? It has high sentimental value so don't want to risk posting it and time is not on my side... or I will have to go insurance shopping in 14 days!

Thank you.

Soldato
Apologies if this question has already been asked, but my insurance company have put me in a major predicament - They want a written valuation of my Omega watch within 14 days or risk cancelling my policy... this is all well and good and wouldn't be a problem if we wasn't in lock down! The watch was a gift some years ago, therefore I have no receipt.

Is anyone aware of any online valuation company's that will give me a written valuation with me providing only HD video / images? It has high sentimental value so don't want to risk posting it and time is not on my side... or I will have to go insurance shopping in 14 days!

Thank you.
I have no idea but do not let them cancel - cancel it before they do!

Soldato
I have the Fenix 5 and believe most the Garmin range bands are interchangeable (just check the width)

My wrists are slightly smaller that yours and there's plenty left on the length (oh matron!)

Standard eBay / Amazon / wish / light in the box / Ali express for a few quid:

IMG-20210114-134015.jpg

Can also get leather ones and two part NATOs to allow the HRM to work

IMG-20210114-134149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom