Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
Hi all, looks like I have finally found a 3080. It’s a gigabyte eagle. Has anyone had any experience with putting a waterblock on it? I’ve seen from research that the power connectors have the extension on. Alpha cool do a block but I’m unsure about the connectors. Worried that if I have to use the extensions that are in the original cooler it will look awful.
Sorry if this has been covered in here. I did look but couldn’t find anything.

Soldato
Bad news, just got an email saying due to covid lockdowns watercool heatkiller can’t be shipped but they’re trying to figure out a workaround... im sad :(

Soldato
Ah that's rotten :(.
Well got another reply this morning and they said they've contacted their delivery service and they said they should resume deliveries to UK in the next few days... Fingers crossed!

My new coolant has arrived which is ready to mix, still waiting on the Lian li SL120 fans to be shipped from OCUK. Fingers crossed i can redo my loop this weekend.

Soldato
Received my EK Classic block and backplate - lord it's heavy! I'm not sure if it's any heavier than a stock cooler on the PNY XLR8 but it sure feels denser
With that amount of copper, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I bet it weighs more...

Like you say, its not a heavy evenly distributed weight its a very dense weight which you can really feel in your hand.

Associate
Installed my 3090 FE Corsair block yesterday. It's my first experience watercooling, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I was nervous the rear VRAM wasn't going to get sufficiently cooled, but the backplate is noticeably cooler than with the stock setup (calibrated finger thinks 40 degrees or so, whereas before I couldn't hold my finger on it). I do have an Mp5works cooler ready to fit but I don't think it's needed at all.

The stock paste and pads were haphazardly installed to say the least!

As an aside, I swear CP2077 is markedly more stable and less glitchy. Might just be the placebo affect.

Soldato
Installed my 3090 FE Corsair block yesterday. It's my first experience watercooling, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I was nervous the rear VRAM wasn't going to get sufficiently cooled, but the backplate is noticeably cooler than with the stock setup (calibrated finger thinks 40 degrees or so, whereas before I couldn't hold my finger on it). I do have an Mp5works cooler ready to fit but I don't think it's needed at all.

The stock paste and pads were haphazardly installed to say the least!

As an aside, I swear CP2077 is markedly more stable and less glitchy. Might just be the placebo affect.
I'm still having issues holding my finger on my backplate on the alphacool block, its ridiculously hot! Good to know the Corsair one is doing better, i just hope the heatkiller version is good and better.

I hope this picture is the 3090 FE block!

gU24wmy.png
There was a mention from watercool that they would be bringing out an active cooled backplate for the new 3000 series gpu's. Have yet to see anything though, was there anything at CES from them??

Soldato
I'm still having issues holding my finger on my backplate on the alphacool block, its ridiculously hot! Good to know the Corsair one is doing better, i just hope the heatkiller version is good and better.

Hot backplate is a good thing, it means it is effectively taking heat from the components of the card. Apply a bit of airflow across the backplate to further aid with cooling. Core temps on my alphacooled 3080 are lower than my EK'd 1080 despite the 100W greater power draw.

Soldato
Hot backplate is a good thing, it means it is effectively taking heat from the components of the card. Apply a bit of airflow across the backplate to further aid with cooling. Core temps on my alphacooled 3080 are lower than my EK'd 1080 despite the 100W greater power draw.
I thought this too, hence why i asked whether we'd get more active cooling solutions for these 3000 series cards in particular for the 3090 with the rear mounted ram chips but so far only aquacomputer and EK (showcased above) has anything. Watercool is to follow in this trend i think and hopefully everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom