• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I don't remember bringing the crypto discussion to the GPU section to whine about anything.

The thread should be closed really it serves no purpose other than to get under the skin of people already annoyed with the current stock situation.

like bringing a 6pack to an AA meeting and wondering why people are not praising you for it.

If you think current shortages are being caused by mining you are wrong.

Associate
This bit made me laugh:
If cryptoassets are given away to another person who is not a spouse or civil partner, the individual must work out the pound sterling value of what has been given away. For Capital Gains Tax purposes the individual is treated as having received that amount of pound sterling even if they did not actually receive anything.

"We'll tax you in GBP even if it's not worth any GBP"!

The jist of it seems to be, any increase in value from investing or total income from mining (minus expenses) is taxable.

Associate
Been farming on nicehash since last Friday evening, around 7pm. Been at it pretty much 24/7 since, with just a couple of hours break. So far i have gained £10.52. i guess probs nearly half that will be electric cost. At this rate i will be lucky to break £15 in 7 days. So about £60 a month, 700ish a year minus electric, does not seem that great for 24/7 mining. Projected income was £100+ a month £1200 a year with a 5700xt but with all the constant up and downs of the coin price seems that is not achievable. Sometimes it is saying 0.30p in 24hours projected other times £3.30 in 24hours projected

Associate
This bit made me laugh:
If cryptoassets are given away to another person who is not a spouse or civil partner, the individual must work out the pound sterling value of what has been given away. For Capital Gains Tax purposes the individual is treated as having received that amount of pound sterling even if they did not actually receive anything.

"We'll tax you in GBP even if it's not worth any GBP"!

The jist of it seems to be, any increase in value from investing or total income from mining (minus expenses) is taxable.

Actually no you cannot claim any expenses from mining equipment or electricity this is direct from the government site

The following do not constitute allowable costs for Capital Gains Tax purposes:
  • any costs deducted against profits for Income Tax
  • costs for mining activities (for example equipment and electricity)

Associate
Actually no you cannot claim any expenses from mining equipment or electricity this is direct from the government site

The following do not constitute allowable costs for Capital Gains Tax purposes:
  • any costs deducted against profits for Income Tax
  • costs for mining activities (for example equipment and electricity)
You can for Income Tax (I've been self-employed for 14 years). I don't think mining falls into Capital Gains Tax. That's for investing directly into a cryto-exchange.

Associate
You can for Income Tax (I've been self-employed for 14 years). I don't think mining falls into Capital Gains Tax. That's for investing directly into a cryto-exchange.

Nope this is specifically under the section capital gains tax! They are refering though to the case of people mining the coins and then holding onto them for a period of time as they increase in value. This would be be liable for capital gains tax

Caporegime
HMRC have it wrong then. Mining is a payment from the mine, just like when a customer pays you. Work done translated into ETH payment.
HMRC have it wrong?

You better phone then, and tell them that as you are building the currency of the future, they better fall in line with you, rather than you fall in line with them :p

Associate
Mining is small compared to people using exchanges. I think they haven't bothered to look into the technicalities. I can still call something wrong and not be bothered about making it right. That's how business maximises profits.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

This tax thing is making me consider keeping it in my wallet until retirement. They can tax me then and it should be of massive value.

Unless its not (I.e. because its been banned, superceded etc).

Associate
Nope this is specifically under the section capital gains tax! They are refering though to the case of people mining the coins and then holding onto them for a period of time as they increase in value. This would be be liable for capital gains tax
My totally unprofessional read of it sounded like you are liable for income tax on the then value of the cryptoassets earned directly from mining. You are then liable for capital gains tax on the additional profit if you hold and sell in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom