SSUPD MeshLicious (from the makers of the FormD T1)

Associate
Looks absolutely amazing.

Something to note, is that a ATX PSU should fit without interfering with anything else really. But you might need custom cables.

I have a NZXT H1 with a vented front panel - if this was announced a few months prior I would have 200% got this instead.

Associate
OP
Agreed, good start to 2021 for ITX cases. As with all ITX, custom cables are always the way to go.
You could strip out your H1 PSU and AIO and fit them in here!

Don't think that's worth doing TBH haha.

I really think this is a NR200 killer. Smaller, better thermals, ATX PSU support, hopefully available. The only bad thing I see is that you need a right angle display adapter.

Associate
Don't think that's worth doing TBH haha.

I really think this is a NR200 killer. Smaller, better thermals, ATX PSU support, hopefully available. The only bad thing I see is that you need a right angle display adapter.
I agree about the right angle, but I have seen very cheap right angle DP adapters online, so that might not be an issue (unless the adapters are rubbish)

Soldato

There are a few big differences:
  • CPU cooler clearance is limited to 72mm.
  • GPU clearances, while adequate, are comparatively tight.
  • Flow-through GPU coolers (i.e. Nvidia 3000-Series FE cards) are likely to be problematic.
  • Drive support isn't as good, unless you use a really short GPU.
  • For W/C you're limited to one 280mm rad (albeit you can likely squeeze a 45mm thick one in there).
Also, testing is more of a mixed bag when you take a closer look. The Meshlicious is very good. But that headline grabbing 7° lower CPU temp came at a cost; GPU thermals were 8° higher. Flip the airflow and CPU temps are about the same (but at a lower noise level), while GPU temps are still 6° higher. With NR200 supporting larger GPU coolers, there's potential for this difference to be even bigger.

Also, I wouldn't bank on availability. Ali is wrong about where the case comes from. It isn't a Lian Li sub-brand, or a partnership between Ncase and Lian Li. It's a project by Wahaha360 (one of the creators of Ncase). For production, he buys up spare machine time at Lian Li's factories. Every other case produced using this method (e.g. Ncase, FormD T1, Dancase A4) has spotty availability.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There are a few big differences:
  • CPU cooler clearance is limited to 72mm.
  • GPU clearances, while adequate, are comparatively tight.
  • Flow-through GPU coolers (i.e. Nvidia 3000-Series FE cards) are likely to be problematic.
  • Drive support isn't as good, unless you use a really short GPU.
  • For W/C you're limited to one 280mm rad (albeit you can likely squeeze a 45mm thick one in there).
Also, testing is more of a mixed bag when you take a closer look. The Meshlicious is very good. But that headline grabbing 7° lower CPU temp came at a cost; GPU thermals were 8° higher. Flip the airflow and CPU temps are about the same (but at a lower noise level), while GPU temps are still 6° higher. With NR200 supporting larger GPU coolers, there's potential for this difference to be even bigger.

Also, I wouldn't bank on availability. Ali is wrong about where the case comes from. It isn't a Lian Li sub-brand, or a partnership between Ncase and Lian Li. It's a project by Wahaha360 (one of the creators of Ncase). For production, he buys up spare machine time at Lian Li's factories. Every other case produced using this method (e.g. Ncase, FormD T1, Dancase A4) has spotty availability.

I hear you, the CPU cooler height still allows for a Noctua L12S. I think in terms of optimisation of space, which is what (IMO at least) SFF is about, this does it better than anyone else, with enough compatibility for most setups. The NR200, while amazing (I was considering replacing my H1 with one) is large.

Soldato
I hear you, the CPU cooler height still allows for a Noctua L12S. I think in terms of optimisation of space, which is what (IMO at least) SFF is about, this does it better than anyone else, with enough compatibility for most setups. The NR200, while amazing (I was considering replacing my H1 with one) is large.

Space efficiency is a funny thing. It can be defined in a load of different ways and largely comes down to individual needs.

Arguably the FormD T1 is far more space efficient than the Meshlicious. You get 240mm AIO support, which is sufficient for most CPUs. You get support for most GPUs on the market. And yet the case is only 9.5L rather than 14.7L. But if you need a 280mm radiator, or (slightly) larger GPU support, or space for a couple more drives, the Mesh is better (until/unless Dondan finally gets the C4 to market).

Same principle applies with the NR200. It's a larger case. It's able to fit more components. Though the difference here is the cases aren't hugely different in size. Lay the Mesh down, and the two cases are the same depth, with the NR200 being just 19mm wider and 29mm taller.

Footprint is the area where the Mesh has a significant advantage over most other cases on the market (especially at this price point). The footprint is smaller than the FormD T1, despite overall volume being 55% larger. And the difference vs NR200 is huge. This is why I'll be buying one.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Space efficiency is a funny thing. It can be defined in a load of different ways and largely comes down to individual needs.

Arguably the FormD T1 is far more space efficient than the Meshlicious. You get 240mm AIO support, which is sufficient for most CPUs. You get support for most GPUs on the market. And yet the case is only 9.5L rather than 14.7L. But if you need a 280mm radiator, or (slightly) larger GPU support, or space for a couple more drives, the Mesh is better (until/unless Dondan finally gets the C4 to market).

Same principle applies with the NR200. It's a larger case. It's able to fit more components. Though the difference here is the cases aren't hugely different in size. Lay the Mesh down, and the two cases are the same depth, with the NR200 being just 19mm wider and 29mm taller.

Footprint is the area where the Mesh has a significant advantage over most other cases on the market (especially at this price point). The footprint is smaller than the FormD T1, despite overall volume being 55% larger. And the difference vs NR200 is huge. This is why I'll be buying one.

I know you mentioned in your previous post about availability - but they have stressed this will be available on Amazon and etc - and most importantly, readily available. The FormD T1 is probably my dream case, but it's near impossible to get hold of and way, way too expensive.

Amazing to hear you will be getting one! I have a NZXT H1 so I won't get one but can't wait to hear people's views :).

Associate
SSUPD has stated that the Gen3 riser cable bend is not sharp as it seems in the Optimum Tech video. This is to make sure it does not impact the Gen3 specifications. Check out their Instagram page for the response I got in the section for the Optimum Tech video.
Interesting that they have not tested Gen4 as no full specs are finalized, yet I know Logue and DAN both have Gen4 for their cases. Not sure if that statement is true or not, given the other vendors have cables out?

Soldato
Nothing yet on their website or Instagram page yet. All we know so far is Feb release and hopefully OCUK will be posting a pre-order as they already supply Lian-Li manufactured cases.

I wouldn't read anything in to the Lian-Li connection. They're merely fulfilling the role of OEM, as they do for loads of other small-batch cases. Of these, OCUK only stock the Dancase A4.

Still a decent chance it'll turn up here though, given the market power Caseking has in Europe.

Associate
I wouldn't read anything in to the Lian-Li connection. They're merely fulfilling the role of OEM, as they do for loads of other small-batch cases. Of these, OCUK only stock the Dancase A4.

Still a decent chance it'll turn up here though, given the market power Caseking has in Europe.
Since SSUPD is a sister company to Lian Li, so we can assume a closer manufacturing and distribution tie.
They have stated that this case will be sold via mainstream retailers like NewEgg, so its entirely possible that OCUK could stock, but we shall see.
SSUPD sub reddit is saying Feb 9th pre-orders in US via NewEgg.

Soldato
Since SSUPD is a sister company to Lian Li

But it isn't. A sister company would mean the owner of Lian Li also owns SSUPD. A daughter company (the phrase Ali uses) would mean Lian Li own SSUPD. Neither of those things are correct.

It's a project by Wahaha360, who worked on the Ncase M1 and FormD T1, and Ssu, who is a designer at Lian Li. As with Wahaha's other projects, it's being manufactured by Lian Li.

Last edited:
Associate
But it isn't. A sister company would mean the owner of Lian Li also owns SSUPD. A daughter company (the phrase Ali uses) would mean Lian Li own SSUPD. Neither of those things are correct.

It's a project by Wahaha360, who worked on the Ncase M1 and FormD T1, and Ssu, who is a designer at Lian Li. As with Wahaha's other projects, it's being manufactured by Lian Li.
My mistake, as on their web site/Instagram, SSUPD is stating "Lian Li proudly introduce our sister brand"
I would take that to imply more involvement from Lian Li then other suppliers they deal with.
I well aware of who is involved in this case as Ncase Design commented on this in the Optimum Tech video, stating "Furthermore, I believe the Meshlicious will be produced in volume and distributed through Lian Li's normal channels (Newegg etc.), so availability should be good."
If it is Lian Li's normal channels, then surely its logical to assume OCUK may well stock.

Back
Top Bottom