Soldato
I remember getting banned by the ***** at The Digital Fix a few years ago for daring to argue for Brexit. :D

They were just a bunch of 'right-on' wet losers that ended up running the site into the ground. I just popped my head in to see if they were even still a thing and they only have like 12 users still posting and the place is practically dead. :D:rolleyes::p

Last edited:
Soldato
At least on here I normally look through banned people's content and get a bit confused. I don't know if their last post got deleted or what but sometimes there's no obvious clue as to why they were banned (at least with the "old-school" crowd).

Don
At least on here I normally look through banned people's content and get a bit confused. I don't know if their last post got deleted or what but sometimes there's no obvious clue as to why they were banned (at least with the "old-school" crowd).

Generally speaking, a post worthy of a suspension or indeed a banning wouldn't remain in view, if it did I would expect it to be edited to remove the rule breaking content.

Soldato
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, in fact with the experience of moderating MM over the decades there will be a genuine reason for it.

I've fallen foul of MM a couple of times inadvertantly, but understand the need to mod it strictly, the only genuine criticism is they apply rules to moderation that aren't in their guidelines (handling of images being one) which is frustrating but did not lead to a ban that time..

Resetera? That place is always in the news, for some drama or other.
I remember when neoGAF imploded due to the scandal of it's owner, and I did jump ship to resetera, however I only frequented there infrequently and hadn't been back for a year until a month or so ago looking for info on Cyberpunk 2077..

Resetera has just gone bat crap insane, I'm all for being a decent human being , but this is their instruction in the first post of the Official 2077 thread for discussing the GAME..

This game is highly controversial for reasons outlined here as well as within the opening post. A significant part the discussion in this thread is likely to revolve around CDPR's transphobia and transphobia in the game itself. That discussion must be given space here; there will be zero tolerance for trolls or agitators. Ignore these following guidelines at your own risk:
  • Do not dismiss or handwave concerns of transphobia or announce that they don’t bother you.
  • If you respond to a member's concerns by telling them how much you love the game, you will be banned.

Associate
I remember getting banned by the ***** at The Digital Fix a few years ago for daring to argue for Brexit. :D

They were just a bunch of 'right-on' wet losers that ended up running the site into the ground. I just popped my head in to see if they were even still a thing and they only have like 12 users still posting and the place is practically dead. :D:rolleyes::p

Was better when it was 'The DVD Forums'.

Soldato
Was better when it was 'The DVD Forums'.

Yeah, it was about when they changed their name when it just had this weird downward spiral into wokeness even before wokeness was a thing! It was like Twitter is now and by 2016 it reached peak retardedness. It was hard leaving the place as it was the very first forum I signed up to back in 2001 but looking back it did me a favor. I can see now just how pathetic they were.

A very telling moment was when the Hi-Def wars were raging and a vast majority of people there were convinced that HD-DVD was going to win out despite extremely obvious signs it was going to be Blu-ray. When they announced HD-DVD was dead and all the studios moved over to BD the weeping and gnashing of teeth was like when Diana died :rolleyes:

I was banned for a week for telling them "I told you so" :D

Associate
the hobbyist communities can be good on reddit and the fanbases for some things but a lot of rubbish on there too

some of it just idiotic or vile i know there used to be a pro antivax community i dont know if thats still there lots of very pervy ones too

Back
Top Bottom