• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade for GTX 980?

Associate
Hi everyone, hopefully a quick question for you all, but for me as a medium-knowledge person in this field I'm a little stumped.

I currently have a GTX 980, but it is showing its age now when I play, and I would like to upgrade it without building a whole new machine (that is coming in October when Halo Infinite releases on PC).

I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good GPU upgrade to tide me over (AMD or nVidia, I don't mind) until about October? My budget is about £200. Am I being too ambitious or is this possible? :)

Thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
I've been looking at the RX 5500 XT just now. Seems within range. I'm not really big on AMD so I'm not sure how it stacks up against a 980.

Associate
In the short term you could try another GTX980 and run them in SLI, space permitting of course.

I was running with that until recently quite happily.

Permabanned
Hi everyone, hopefully a quick question for you all, but for me as a medium-knowledge person in this field I'm a little stumped.

I currently have a GTX 980, but it is showing its age now when I play, and I would like to upgrade it without building a whole new machine (that is coming in October when Halo Infinite releases on PC).

I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good GPU upgrade to tide me over (AMD or nVidia, I don't mind) until about October? My budget is about £200. Am I being too ambitious or is this possible? :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

The Radeon RX 5600 XT would give you around 50% higher performance and if you can ask them to deliver it:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £269.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Back
Top Bottom