HUKD is trash now

Soldato
I only browse on the off chance there is that golden nugget.

Around 3 years ago we managed to get our LG American Fridge freezer for a steal.

I was meant to be a £1k fridge but there had been a pricing error on Boots Electrical at £350 was showing in stock but I couldn't get the order to go through, I assume due to demand on the website.

Managed to get John Lewis to price match.

The people who ordered from Boots had their orders cancelled where mine through John Lewis went through fine. :D

Soldato
This is very likely, rare to see editor deals go cold .

There's a guy on there that posts bagels every week without fail. They are the same price, every week, and in most other supermarkets. Yet it always gets votes hot. I can only assume there is some background 'hot' voting going on.
Not seen that and browse daily. I only do the homepage though.

Still not sure what everyone's gripe is. How many deals do you need to be satisfied lol? I saved a quid on nakd bar up to thousands on a watch. I couldn't afford anymore deals if I tried lol.

Soldato
I've been on hotukdeals for over 14 years and have to agree there's a lot of stuff to search thru thats crap (always millions of laptop deals which are just shy of the last one).

I found as well that i did start buying crap from it that I don't really need (many years ago... since stopped that)

I do still find it useful for occasionally good deals and the search functions (white goods, oled tvs, mobile sins) with these being particularly good.

Overall a bit more crap to search thru but still worth a search before you buy something.

Realise now I've been on it almost half of my life :D

Soldato
OMFG FUEL IS 0.001p CHEAPER AT ASDA TO BE ANNOUNCED MY MATE WORKS THERE

Ha, love those ones, like there isn't an app/website that doesn't already track fuel prices.

My favourites have been the packet of crisps at a £1 or something, they are always on offer FFS!!!! or the tins of beans that have dropped in price by a penny. Waste of server resources.

Soldato
Yup I stopped using it ~5 years ago, pc part picker daily emails for pc price drops are great.

It was amazing for a long time, then for a year or so it became hotukssddeals. Then everything junk got upvoted and people stopped being critical, I guess it just got too mainstream.

Soldato
I only browse on the off chance there is that golden nugget.

Around 3 years ago we managed to get our LG American Fridge freezer for a steal.

I was meant to be a £1k fridge but there had been a pricing error on Boots Electrical at £350 was showing in stock but I couldn't get the order to go through, I assume due to demand on the website.

Managed to get John Lewis to price match.

The people who ordered from Boots had their orders cancelled where mine through John Lewis went through fine. :D

Holy smokes, I'd be bragging about that one for years. Must be a hell of a fridge too for that pricing.

Might want to goto moneysavingexpert which I find has people checking not just HUK but other places and they'll maybe filter a bit better. HUK needs better search options but its not the worst

Soldato
I use it to keep track of any “special” prices along with price tracking website.

sometimes, I really need something urgently I will make a decision if I want to wait till Nov of that year and take a chance or suck up the slightly inflated prices.

but generally deals are waste of time, they are nothing really.

one category consistently come good for me is iPhones. I bagged a few really cheap new iPhone deals in the past which I subsequently sold on for some small profit. And I can see sometimes these deals still come up. So even tho 99.99% of the time, it is trash but that 0.01% chance is worth it considering nothing much is being done by yourself. A bit like prospecting for gold

Soldato
Holy smokes, I'd be bragging about that one for years. Must be a hell of a fridge too for that pricing.

Might want to goto moneysavingexpert which I find has people checking not just HUK but other places and they'll maybe filter a bit better. HUK needs better search options but its not the worst

We were very very lucky that's for sure!

Caporegime
I wonder what the value placed on the time spent 'working through' these supposed deals is compared to the actual differential in cost. Or to put it in another not very clear way, if you just bought everything whenver you wanted without faffing about, would you be better off in terms of time invested and TCO (if you place a value on your time which you should).

For clarity (lol), I don't agree with the above.

Caporegime
I wonder what the value placed on the time spent 'working through' these supposed deals is compared to the actual differential in cost. Or to put it in another not very clear way, if you just bought everything whenver you wanted without faffing about, would you be better off in terms of time invested and TCO (if you place a value on your time which you should).

For clarity (lol), I don't agree with the above.

If I'm going to buy something I'll jump on there and search for the item and see if the current price on Amazon is good or not. And click on some of the decent priced old deals to see if that retailer still has a good price.

It's actually a useful tool in that regard and you can set up alerts for specific items or brands you are interested in. So you get to see a deal as soon as it goes live.

You just have to know how to use it now. 99% of deals are utter crap and not even deals but some are great.

The wife was complaining her Moto one (P30 play) was playing up. I went on and saw what phones they had for under £200 and got her a Moto g9 power for £150. It has a 6000mah battery, massive screen, triple camera, punch hole selfie, etc. Real good deal for £150. Could have gotten a Poco X3 but then it comes with a lot of bloatware and crap you cannot remove. She's extremely happy as with the 6000mah battery she doesn't need to charge it every day, it's always got charge from the overnight run. In lockdown phones battery usually gets hammered.

Caporegime
Deals I've posted often get declined by a moderator.

Recent one 27% off a Carhartt Sawtooth Parker, something I've wanted for years, but could not justify £200 + on a coat.

Anyway Scottish company established 1955, was deemed risky as they were not either, Currys or Amazon selling smart speakers at half price! They would rather advocate fraud by allowing VPN workarounds on digital subscriptions.

With that said, I think there are nuggets deals out there, but they never make it on their site.

Ps very happy with my coat :p

Oh I need a new parka, whats the discount code/link to the deal pleasE?

Back
Top Bottom