Assetto Corsa

Soldato
Can anyone share their set up or tips on setting AC up for VR? Especially with using Content manager. Should I set custom set the resolution to that of the HMD? From what I can see by messing with it, the only thing that seems to change is the res of the overlays not the actual game. Also was SS are people running? I benchmarked at 1-1.2 and hit 100-120fps but anything higher and I was down at 50-60fps. I know SS hits performance but I tested at 1.5, 2, 2,5 and 5 and they all return roughly 50-60fps which seems odd.

Is it too much to expect to be able to have SS at 1.5 where aliasing isn't too bad and 100+ fps?

If it's important for recommending settings, I'm using an Index with a 2700x (PBO enabled), 32Gb @ 3200Mhz and an RTX2080.

Edit: I think some of my 'issue' is due to reprojection. I was looking at the fps figure at the end of the benchmark as a normal screen fps average. But watching the fps figure during the benchmark is flicks between 120 and 60fps and nothing in between causing the average FPS to come out lower than the 'real' value.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys, new to this and started modding last night after some very helpful videos online last night. I got content manager and shaders all up and running (the basics anyway) and added a few cars for fun to try out. However when it came to engine sound replacement i got stuck. I download some sound files from Racedepartment and tried to use them with a modified car from Shutoko's mod but i get no audio. It came with a GUID file which i don't know what to do with either, any help would be much appreciated. I did try to find a solution online but what i did find didn't help at all.

Soldato
Put the sound and GUID files in the sfx folder of the car you're updating.

steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa>content>cars>*car name*>sfx
Thats what i did but when i load it up via content manager, theres no sound. Does the replacement file name need to match the existing file name for it to work? I assumed it would be a simple drag and drop but doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Soldato
Thats what i did but when i load it up via content manager, theres no sound. Does the replacement file name need to match the existing file name for it to work? I assumed it would be a simple drag and drop but doesn't seem to work for some reason.
I have the Shutoko mod + cars. Can you link the mod you're trying to use?

The soundbank file should match the name of the car's filename.

Soldato
Soldato
Ok, this mod is a weird one tbh. It seems to be for any car, rather than a specific model - which is usually the case...

Have you followed the instructions mentioned in one of the author's comments on the youtube vid?
- unpack zip file - go to "cars" folder (typically it's: /Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/)
- choose the car folder you want to replace sound with and open the "sfx" folder
- copy the original ".bank" file name
- drag and drop sound modded ".bank" and "GUIDs" files into "sfx" folder
- replace the modded ".bank" file name with the original one you just copied

You need to change the sound mod bank file name to match that of the car you plan on putting it on and also change every line in the GUIDs file to the same name. For example the sound mod file name is "2jz 7k.bank" and say you wanted it on the kunos mustang you would change the name to "ks_ford_mustang_2015" and then open up the GUIDs file to change every instance of the word "2jz 7k" to "ks_ford_mustang_2015"

MAKE SURE the RPM values of the car match whatever RPM sound mod you put in there ie. if you put it on a skyline with 8500 RPM, use the sound mod that says 8.5k.

If you want to change the RPM value of the car so that the mod works properly, follow these steps:
- get content manager and open it (needed to unpack data.acd file)
- unpack and go to the "data" folder
- open up both "engine.ini" and "power.lut" files in notepad
- in the "engine.ini" file, look for "LIMITER", "RPM" and "RPM_THRESHOLD" and change these to match the RPM of whatever sound mod you used. Save and close
- in the "power.lut" file, you will see 2 collumns - left = RPM, right = power. The easiest way to get this working is copy and paste the last RPM|power text and add 500 RPM onto the left collumn until it reaches whatever RPM range sound mod you chose.

For example, if you use the 8.5k RPM sound mod: 7750|203 8000|184 Copy "8000|184" and add "500" so it now looks like "8500|184": 7750|203 8000|184 8500|184 Save, close and use your new sound.

Usually, sound mods are a simple drag/drop/replace and done. This one seems to be more hassle than it's worth to make a car sound nothing like it's supposed to, even if that sound is good.
Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Soldato
Ok, this mod is a weird one tbh. It seems to be for any car, rather than a specific model - which is usually the case...

Have you followed the instructions mentioned in one of the author's comments on the youtube vid?
- unpack zip file - go to "cars" folder (typically it's: /Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/)
- choose the car folder you want to replace sound with and open the "sfx" folder
- copy the original ".bank" file name
- drag and drop sound modded ".bank" and "GUIDs" files into "sfx" folder
- replace the modded ".bank" file name with the original one you just copied

You need to change the sound mod bank file name to match that of the car you plan on putting it on and also change every line in the GUIDs file to the same name. For example the sound mod file name is "2jz 7k.bank" and say you wanted it on the kunos mustang you would change the name to "ks_ford_mustang_2015" and then open up the GUIDs file to change every instance of the word "2jz 7k" to "ks_ford_mustang_2015"

MAKE SURE the RPM values of the car match whatever RPM sound mod you put in there ie. if you put it on a skyline with 8500 RPM, use the sound mod that says 8.5k.

If you want to change the RPM value of the car so that the mod works properly, follow these steps:
- in the "engine.ini" file, look for "LIMITER", "RPM" and "RPM_THRESHOLD" and change these to match the RPM of whatever sound mod you used. Save and close
- in the "power.lut" file, you will see 2 collumns - left = RPM, right = power. The easiest way to get this working is copy and paste the last RPM|power text and add 500 RPM onto the left collumn until it reaches whatever RPM range sound mod you chose.

For example, if you use the 8.5k RPM sound mod: 7750|203 8000|184 Copy "8000|184" and add "500" so it now looks like "8500|184": 7750|203 8000|184 8500|184 Save, close and use your new sound.

Usually, sound mods are a simple drag/drop/replace and done. This one seems to be more hassle than it's worth to make a car sound nothing like it's supposed to, even if that sound is good.
Personally, I wouldn't bother.
Ahhh i see! Thats what i didn't do, i didn't change the GUID names in that file, only the original file name copied over... i'll try that now. Thank you! Didn't even see the original comment, how dumb of me!

Soldato
Right i got that working now! However, its not the same sound as the video which he mentions in the description that he uses different wastegates etc. In one of the reviews it mentions different boost levels which can be changed, any idea where this file is in my games folder and how to mod properly? Cheers

Soldato
Is it not covered in this paragraph? I honestly don't know, as I've never used anything other than direct replacement sound mods.

For example, if you use the 8.5k RPM sound mod: 7750|203 8000|184 Copy "8000|184" and add "500" so it now looks like "8500|184": 7750|203 8000|184 8500|184 Save, close and use your new sound

Soldato
Is it not covered in this paragraph? I honestly don't know, as I've never used anything other than direct replacement sound mods.

For example, if you use the 8.5k RPM sound mod: 7750|203 8000|184 Copy "8000|184" and add "500" so it now looks like "8500|184": 7750|203 8000|184 8500|184 Save, close and use your new sound
Just been playing about with it and its worked(ish) but the car sound is abit weird. Don't suppose you have the original (ks_toyota_supra_mkiv_tuned) engine.ini file do you? I stupidly forgot to back it up and ive edited it a fair bit now to go back!

The supra is part of the japanese car dlc pack i got with the ultimate edition.

Soldato
You could just delete the data.acd file and do an integrity check on steam.
Will that wipe the shaders patch as well?

I just realised i can set the boost level via 1-0 keys lol! However i must have tampered with a setting i shouldn't have cos im getting engine damage before i hit the limiter.

Associate
After buying this in early access 7 years ago this is still my go to sim. Content Manager, Custom Shaders Patch and Sol plus the myriad of great car and track mods really kept me interested in this sim. I check up on new mods every day. Havent seen it mentioned here either . . . there are conversions of Suzuka and Bathurst from ACC out for AC, very high quality. Links are on the GTPlanet forum.

An issue I'm having now with AC after buying a high refresh rate monitor is low gpu usage in races against AI. I am very cpu bound in this scenario with my 2500K. My question is would a cpu upgrade to a modern Ryzen provide much improvement given that AC is heavily single threaded?

Soldato
Over the weekend I've been pricing up a sim racing build and AC seems to be one of the more highly rated sims.

I'm not sure what I can get away with spec-wise for the PC. My gaming PC has i5, 1070GTX and 16GB RAM, 2X M2 drives. Wil that do?

Pricing up the SimLabs cockpit and Fanatec wheel/pedals etc plus a Samsung Ultrawide monitor (would prefer ultrawide over triples) I need to price up the PC too.

Soldato
The rain effects on the windshield are very nice, but the condensation/foggy glass effect looks wrong?

Given that it looks fine before the start of the race, I take it it's meant to be emulating fine spray from the cars in front?

Maybe the youtube compression isn't helping, but it just looks like there's no ventilation inside the car & the windscreen is all steamed up.

Back
Top Bottom