Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I thought that, but that's no more beneficial than two screens.

Looks great though Digital X

But 2 monitors = 2 sets of cable pairs cluttering up behind the desk, a lot more desk space used, 2 different brightnesses to deal with and colour variations as no two monitors are exactly alike even if they are the same model. Just extra faff in the long run so one large ultra-wide is just better really.

The only real benefit I had with dual was if one normal wide was full time in portrait mode, makes reading documents and sites much better an experience.

Soldato
New TV for downstairs to serve IPTV

8ZJwNvK.jpg

Built a 3090 / 10900k rig for a close friend

9aFGeJg.jpg

And a 3070 / 10900k build to give mine a bit of an update

cG5tFMv.jpg

I was let down by OCUK quite a lot with these two builds and ended up sourcing most of it elsewhere.

DPD chap was certainly busy this month here!

Soldato
Got a slightly unexpected delivery on Friday, something I thought I wouldn't receive until February or later but, here it is now. Wasn't to happy when I picked it up though, considering this is the packing of the item.

2dH3MHx.jpg

But luckily everything was alright, although if that flimsy paper had been ripped I do wonder if it would ever have arrived......

JmOV9VS.jpg

Soldato
Following on from my secret Santa gift from @Megahurtz400 reminding me how good fresh coffee can be decided the hand grinder he got me can work very nicely with an aeropress alongside the Nespresso I use at work, so first off got some beans (and some rave Nespresso pods to try)

OlpFGKo.jpg

Also needed something at home to keep my fueled on beans but with an option of running a second bean through my espresso machine.

gQHtlS1.jpg

Ah amazing!

I'm off the caffeine at the moment but at one point I could not stop drinking the Columbia El Carmen!

Most of Raves stuff is really nice and feels good knowing your coffee isn't encouraging slave labour :p

Soldato
Levelled up on the old sounds.
Decided against a soundbar and went with The Fives by Klipsch.

uc

uc

uc

uc

OcUK Staff
Collection of BMW parts for poorly M5

43967152-5506-4274-B1B6-A9B7757F29BE.jpeg

New brakes, new bushes and engine started pinking at over 7000rpm and looks like fuel pump issue so new pump, sender and filter too along with a service. Not much change from 2k but with suspension refresh hoping it drives nicer.

Caporegime
The one thing I have never understood with Ultrawides is the low pixel density. I have 2 21.5" 4K screens and the quality is amazing. Every time I look at replacing them as they are getting old and have image retention issues I struggle to find a good ultrawide with a good resolution that isn't crazy money.

Yeah we are finally starting to see some uw with 1600 height and some 2160 height screens. It was what kept me away from UW for so long, the appalling low ppi of them

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Added some 48kg dumbbells to my set, should do nice for some bicep curls :p

I assumed they were the same style as my other heavier DBs but they have either changed the design (website image doesn't match) or they are this design over a certain weight.

DSCF9323.jpg

DSCF9326.jpg

DSCF9328.jpg

Soldato
Yeah we are finally starting to see some uw with 1600 height and some 2160 height screens. It was what kept me away from UW for so long, the appalling low ppi of them

The PPI required for a 'retina' UW would be insane. The PPI of a 4k at 27" is actual trash, nobody who is sane wants to deal with non integer scaling in Windows.

The announced 40" 5k2k is sadly a stupid halfway PPI, so either you deal with non integer scaling again, or you have everything be 33% smaller compared to a regular PPI at 100%.

Maybe Apple will finally bring out an UW.

Back
Top Bottom