• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I think I got an FE 3080 by sheer luck.

Paid, initial order email received.

I can't understand this.. Well done like but on my phone and was clicking the boat symbols and its like it was frozen and not allowing me to click. Is this the same on pc or just phone? I can't compete with those who can just have a pic in front of them there and then.. now I'll have to endure seeing some again on auction site for double the price. I just want to be done with this and finally get one for my pc.

Soldato
I clicked the link a soon as it came through on partAlert, had to do a bloody capcha and then there was no button to buy. Couple refreshes later and it's 'out of stock'. Sigh

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I can't understand this.. Well done like but on my phone and was clicking the boat symbols and its like it was frozen and not allowing me to click. Is this the same on pc or just phone? I can't compete with those who can just have a pic in front of them there and then.. now I'll have to endure seeing some again on auction site for double the price. I just want to be done with this and finally get one for my pc.

I did it through my phone, and it wasn't straight away either. They must have a system in place or something.

A2B

A2B

Associate
sounds like a second or two mattered. I got the link but wasn't on my PC so had to go through my slower tablet, that might have made the difference.

Associate
Can I ask how you guys received an alert so quickly?

I have Distill setup to check every 5 seconds against the Nvidia site, but nothing came through. :(

I have Distill setup to refresh every 5 seconds too but it was actually a notification from OCUK forum from this thread that I noticed first. Then about a minute later, Distill notified me. Not sure if we can share links to the page used on here but I setup two pages on Distill and only one of them alerted me. The approach that worked to order a 3090 was:

Nvidia store > filter on RTX 3090 > filter on NVIDIA > copy URL to Distill > use Distill 'select parts of page' function > select the 'Out of Stock'/'Buy Now' button.

The method that did not work was:

Nvidia store > copy URL to Distill > use Distill 'select parts of page' function > select the 'Out of Stock'/'Buy Now' button.

Soldato
I clicked the link a soon as it came through on partAlert, had to do a bloody capcha and then there was no button to buy. Couple refreshes later and it's 'out of stock'. Sigh

I think you have to go through NVidia. That's what I did anyway. As soon as I got the tweet I went to Nvidia store and went from there.

Managed to pay for one and have the initial email, now I'm praying I won't get an email that it was too late and order was cancelled.

Associate
I got one ordered too. Got confirmation email through then a second email to say waiting to be picked and delivery for tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes through okay.

Soldato
My payment is still pending on amazon pay so I am paranoid, but someone posted a link before the bot did and people are now wondering about a faster channel somewhere (which I have always suspected).

Associate
My payment is still pending on amazon pay so I am paranoid, but someone posted a link before the bot did and people are now wondering about a faster channel somewhere (which I have always suspected).

same here with their update emai but the payment has gone from my paypal account os fingers crossed

Associate
Got a 3rd email confirming payment authorised (cc) and I can see the amount taken off my card. Won’t relax until I get confirmation of dispatch though.

Back
Top Bottom