• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I did warn the next couple of weeks was looking dry on 3080's and indeed it is very dry, and I will be honest here and say I feel the next reasoning for lack of shipments will be Chinese New Year, so I really think we won't be see many 3080's now until after middle February / early March time, there might be the odd surprise but on the whole I do not see a decent ramp up in volume now until March/April simply judging from production in previous years and the delay CNY always creates.
Thanks for the update on this.

Is there any word on the situation with shipping to Ireland? I haven't had a queue update since December

Associate
Managed to secure myself a FE 3080 from a competitor after so many clicks on the add to basket button! Gets delivered tomorrow! :D:D Will pull myself out of the Aorus 3080 master queue once I get the FE in my hands

Associate
Thanks for the update on this.

Is there any word on the situation with shipping to Ireland? I haven't had a queue update since December

All Irish orders are currently on hold, as I understand it, until DPD figure out some fun tax problems created by Brexit. As far as I know, using another delivery service is not considered a possibility. While on hold, your order will not be delivered if it is one of the few to reach the top of the queue, so for most of us it makes no difference to anything other than the weekly update emails. We're still holding our place in the queue and advancing as those ahead of us give in and submit their refund requests. It is not clear whether or not there will be any additional import fees for Irish customers or if we will be expected to cough up the fees if so. Personally, I'd sooner get a refund than pay more than I already have for the same product, presuming it's more than a few quid.

Associate
Did you just keep clicking until the notification even though it was giving you errors until it added it to basket?

I kept clicking even though it kept saying the item was not in stock, I refreshed twice and even hit a captcha, and still kept clicking out of frustration because of the bots claiming these but then refreshed third time and it was in my basket then I panicked lol

Associate
All Irish orders are currently on hold, as I understand it, until DPD figure out some fun tax problems created by Brexit. As far as I know, using another delivery service is not considered a possibility. While on hold, your order will not be delivered if it is one of the few to reach the top of the queue, so for most of us it makes no difference to anything other than the weekly update emails. We're still holding our place in the queue and advancing as those ahead of us give in and submit their refund requests. It is not clear whether or not there will be any additional import fees for Irish customers or if we will be expected to cough up the fees if so. Personally, I'd sooner get a refund than pay more than I already have for the same product, presuming it's more than a few quid.
Yeah that was my understanding as well, as you say if we have to fork over even more I'd seriously consider a refund

Associate
How I feel the 3080 Ventus situation is right now.
Me: where is my gpu
OCuk: there where lots of orders so there will be a delay
—- a few months later. —-
OCuk: ok we know there are lots waiting so we will upgrade come cards.
Me: what about the 3080 Ventus.
OCuk: it costs to much to upgrade your card.
Me: you just upgraded some cards that cost more to upgrade but anyway Why not 3080 Ventus?
OCuk:...
Me: I can pay more if you need. Just so I can get my card
OCuk: we can’t.
Me: why?
OCuk: cos our system can’t do it.
Me: WHAT!!!

Associate
Thanks for the update interpol24, I hadn't heard clarification on if we were paused in the cue or still moving up.
I'd sooner get a refund than pay more than I already have for the same product, presuming it's more than a few quid.
The problem with that is you may end up paying more by getting hit with the reported 25% price hike that's incoming. I still can't see a better option other than sitting on the website of European suppliers hopping I'll get lucky. At least with OC I will get a card at some stage, it will probably cost more, but the prices are crazy everywhere else anyway.

Associate
ive been queue position under 5 since before christmas and im now really considering cancelling my 3080 and buying a 3070 from a competitor... my 10700k and my z490 are coming on feb 1st and with 32GB ram and an m.2 my 1070ti is going to be holding everything back

Associate
How I feel the 3080 Ventus situation is right now.
Me: where is my gpu
OCuk: there where lots of orders so there will be a delay
—- a few months later. —-
OCuk: ok we know there are lots waiting so we will upgrade come cards.
Me: what about the 3080 Ventus.
OCuk: it costs to much to upgrade your card.
Me: you just upgraded some cards that cost more to upgrade but anyway Why not 3080 Ventus?
OCuk:...
Me: I can pay more if you need. Just so I can get my card
OCuk: we can’t.
Me: why?
OCuk: cos our system can’t do it.
Me: WHAT!!!
im 4th in queue for a ventus and im getting very impatient now...

Associate

Yeah, I feel more or less the same. So long as I don't have to pay VAT twice, Customs Duty is only about 10%, so about €70 or thereabouts. That's not too egregious. It still makes sense to wait in the queue, if we end up being gouged for VAT twice though, then it becomes a less attractive prospect.

Associate
Thanks for the update interpol24, I hadn't heard clarification on if we were paused in the cue or still moving up.
The problem with that is you may end up paying more by getting hit with the reported 25% price hike that's incoming. I still can't see a better option other than sitting on the website of European suppliers hopping I'll get lucky. At least with OC I will get a card at some stage, it will probably cost more, but the prices are crazy everywhere else anyway.

I can live without a card this generation. I need it less than most, I just wanted the HDMI 2.1 and figured it would be a small overall investment if I sold my current card, with a decent upgrade in power. In a year when there wasn't a whole lot else I could use my money to enjoy it made sense to me. I'm not desperate for it though and if I wanted to spend more money I would have shelled out for a 3090 in the first place.

Soldato
Reading through this thread I've decided to cancel my RMA of my Asus 3080 due to coil whine and just count myself lucky I have a card tbh.

Hasn't Gibbo said they keep stock aside for RMAs? I don't think you'd be at the back of the queue.

It's pretty ridiculous that you've paid so much for a GPU and you're not getting the quality expected

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB Hi, do you know if we can still get Watch Dogs Legion or Call Of Duty Cold War codes? I have sent a webnote to OcUK but no answer.
Apparently COD offer is extended until March.
Do I need to contact Nvidia directly?
I have received my 3080 Suprim X over the weekend ordered on 17th September.
Thank you.
our CS guys have nvidia redemption codes available, which we can issue until the 11th Feb.

Associate
I can live without a card this generation. I need it less than most, I just wanted the HDMI 2.1 and figured it would be a small overall investment if I sold my current card, with a decent upgrade in power. In a year when there wasn't a whole lot else I could use my money to enjoy it made sense to me. I'm not desperate for it though and if I wanted to spend more money I would have shelled out for a 3090 in the first place.
You are lucky because I am a game programmer and I need my card to do my work to be able to get into uni and I’m lacking behind because my current gpu can’t handle my game.
This card that should arrive will give me the technical boost so I can finish my work and get high marks.

Back
Top Bottom