Good multiplayer games that aren't shooters?

Associate
Project cars 2. A few of us switched to racing sim to get away from the usual shooter mp. It was quite refreshing and still competitive.
Man of medan/Little hope - if you fancy getting into horror. (it says "Play online with a friend or up to 5 friends offline", so not sure how the offline bit works)
Dead by daylight (4v1)
Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2
Elite Dangerous if you are into flight sims and dont mind a steep learning curve/grind.
+1 for Rocket league,its really addictive and frustrating :D.
Among us for some light hearted fun.

Last edited:
Associate
Conan Exiles on a personal server (Me and a friend got ~130 hours out of it)

Ark (Again on a personal server)

Sea of thieves (2 - 4 players)

Civilization games (5 can be had very cheap)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Co op 4 player shooter)

Phasmophobia

The Jackbox party pack

Circle of Sumo Online (Free game, up to 4 people)

Soldato
OP
some good suggestions here thanks ladies and gentlemen, going to run these through with the team later and see what takes their fancy.

Associate
Bit of a mixture of genres for you:

Pulsar: Lost Colony
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Astroneer
Europa Universalis IV
Civilization V/VI
Ark
Satisfactory
Raft
The Forest
Divinity Original Sin 2
The Escapists 2 (currently on offer 75% off)
Tabletop Simulator (tons and tons of great boardgames to download)
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Project Winter

Soldato
Dying Light is a ton of fun and can be played co-op, there's multiplayer modes too but your mileage may vary with them. Technically you can shoot in it, but you'll spend most of your time free-running and using melee weapons.

Terriaria is surprisingly deep and can be a huge time sink, very cheap to pick up and a lot of fun.

PULSAR: Lost Colony is a fantastic space exploration game where you and friends control a starship and explore a galaxy.

Deep Rock Galactic, technically a shooter but a fantastic experience and well worth checking out. I believe it's on Games Pass at the moment if you have that, so it might not even cost you anything.

Soldato
some other suggestions, with various number of people combination from 2+

Left for dead?

Supreme commander Forge allicance FAF Co-op missions / Co-op vs PVP

Minecraft Modded with a quest pack

Guild Wars Trilogy

Hacktag

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

We Were Here

We Were Here too

We Were Here togeath

Moving Out

Dungeon Defenders

Magicka

Monster Prom

Genital Jousting

Tiny Brains

Unrailed!

out of space

overcooked

human fall flat

among us

Streets of Rogue

Broforce

FortressCraft Evolved!

Trine Enchanted Edition

Toybox Turbos

Castle Crashers

BattleBlock Theater

Associate
Have a group of friends I play games with but we're getting fed up of shooters so we're looking for something co-op or online but finding a game that isn't a battle royale or a call of duty type shooter seems impossible.

What ya got?

Played a lot of coop games this year - also not really into shooters, some of my faves have been;

Satisfactory
Terraria
Factorio
(Borderlands 2 / 3 <is a shooter, but PVE and very good, especially with friends>
Elite dangerous in VR.

Soldato
A couple that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Wreckfest - a really fun racing game, and has the advantage that there's still fun to be had their for any friend who is crap at driving games.
Snowrunner - slow paced and can be challenging. But in multiplayer there can be really epic moments when you work together to get a truck through a seemingly impassable obstacle.

Rocket league for 4 isn't so great as 4vs4 is just a mess. 3vs3 is the most I'd go for.

dead by daylight however is great quick fun. Games aren't too long, easy for people to jump in and out, and it's made all the easier if you're on voice chat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom