• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
I keep seeing 3070's for £580 - £680 price bracket I just cant bring myself to pay that! I have seen 3060ti which is what I really want but again it is hovering around £500 I just wont pay such prices....I will just stick with my Vega 56.
You and me both, but that does mean neither of us will probably buy a GPU in 2021.

Lockdown is going to carry on till Summer and there's still a mining boom going on. I just don't see prices at RRP this year.

Associate
I know what you mean.but as my vega 64 is worth £350+ It offsets the price increase!

Yeah that's true - but I just flinch at the price hike! I think what did it was seeing the Nvidia own brand cards which look brilliant and sell at rrp when they are available! I then see some Palit card or what ever with some funky colour scheme and a £100 markup!!

Associate
You and me both, but that does mean neither of us will probably buy a GPU in 2021.

Lockdown is going to carry on till Summer and there's still a mining boom going on. I just don't see prices at RRP this year.

I think your right unless I totally give in at some stage as I really want to play some ray tracing games gimmick or not :p.

Associate
potentially a dumb question, but it's worth asking I guess: is OCUK selling the Asus ROG STRIX RX6900? It's never appeared in my searches on the forum or site, but I've also not seen it being sold by competitors either

Caporegime
potentially a dumb question, but it's worth asking I guess: is OCUK selling the Asus ROG STRIX RX6900? It's never appeared in my searches on the forum or site, but I've also not seen it being sold by competitors either

Not afaik, only see the Red Devil and Nitro+ listed atm. Asrock just popped up

Associate
the only game i really want to play with raytracing is metro exouds and quake 2 rtx. cyberpunk would be nice but the fps is no good at 4k.

Soldato
Im close to giving up tbh. gonna see if a rtx 3070 FE drop happens in the next week, beyond that, I think its a huge waste of time (or, at least my patience has run out).

Maybe ill check again at the end of feb otherwise, as the preorder numbers on other websites are slowly being fulfilled - for the rtx 3070.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I generally give it a bit of 'oh ah Rt'ing' then turn it off.

My lad was all 'Raytracing this, Raytracing that' he turns it off too.

It's currently too "expensive" to run to be practical. Only game i have that supports it is bf5 and while the reflections look good its not something you notice that much playing the actual game. Plus it's tied to dlss in bf5 so the image isn't as sharp as without it.

Soldato
I don't think RT is the magic bullet that will eventually give us ultra realistic graphics. traditional rendering is still much more important and texture quality has improved massively in the last 10 years, as 8-16gb VRAM gpus have become more mainstream.

Soldato
Not sure what to make of this little gpu festival today, I am in the market for one, not sure which one ... but not sure on the prices. I am in a position to wait until May/June, but thinking will we be in the same position by then where you can't get anything, or will the prices just remain now and continue to rise?

Caporegime
Direct from amd the 6900xt is £875, but of course amd never have them in stock. :mad:
And never will. AMD are only dropping to the EU now since Brexit. They had a (very small) drop a couple days ago, could only order from the EU page with VPN, if you tried the UK page there were no cards.

Soldato
I didn't bother and don't feel any different for it, kind of feel indifferent reading all the people who tried and succeeded or failed.

I've sold my monitor and pc is in a box, selling it while prices are high and getting a console is becoming more and more tempting

Back
Top Bottom