• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU ejecting and remounting

Associate
I have a 6800XT and when gaming it is making an ejecting and remounting sound as if you were to remove and USB stick for example. This causes my game to freeze for a few seconds then resume. Tested with another card which resolves the issue.

Any solutions? Very strange problem.

Associate
OP
I borrowed the same type of card a Sapphire 6800XT and tested it without issues. I presumed it was some other random problem. It is sealed properly and the PSU is 750W.

Soldato
Check the logs to find out exactly what is ejecting. Maybe plug a spare screen in and have Device Manager open on that screen why playing a game so you can see what device is getting removed

Associate
OP
How do I check the logs?.

ALL components listed in the device manager disappeared. Then reappeared

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Checked it. Absolutely nothing related to a GPU. References malware bytes, virtual box and wireshark. There was a failing hard drive that was replaced where it advised a bad block.

Man of Honour
I can't imagine it to be related if swapping GPUs fixes it unless there is some device driver difference but Windows 10 doesn't like certain hardware to be disabled such as some WiFi adapters and will constantly give you a connect and disconnect sound (usually accompanied by a spinning mouse pointer) - so see if there is anything disabled in device manager.

Associate
OP
orjlnFi.png

I found the issue and it is the HIDs on the Radeon graphics card that are disconnecting and reconnecting

I found another thread with the issue:

https://community.amd.com/t5/driver...ect-issue-with-amd-radeon-usb-led/td-p/428687

Really, really annoying.
4ZhpMzt

Last edited:
Associate
OP
THIS has fixed it:

zsqZf3b.png

I disabled 2 out of three on the device manager, but there is no physical change to the lighting or anything on the card.

What would you do regarding RMA?

. If I am without a graphics card for 28 days then I have no PC.

Man of Honour
I suspect this is Windows 10 being retarded (sorry not other apt word to describe it) rather than a hardware fault - even if it is the other way around to what I was describing.

See if you can change any power management and/or selective suspend settings for those devices and/or the OS itself (though 10 implements stuff like selective suspend differently to other OSes).

Associate
OP
I presumed so, but it was resolved by replacing the graphics card. I will make a couple of phone calls tomorrow to see what I can do. Thanks any people.

Associate
OP
Eventually seems completely fixed. Downloaded the latest "optional" drivers and completed a factory reset and it seems ok now. Not impressed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom