• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Easy to get caught up in the FOMO, I've been looking at 3070, 3080 for the last week.
A few hours of CP2077 reminded me I really don't 'need' an upgrade right now.
Vega 64 on custom loop still holding up ok @1440p

Still if a founders popped up, would be rude not to given the used pricing right now.
It's amazing to see just how much disposable income there is sloshing around.

Credit sloshing around more like.

Associate
Hi guys I'm actually a noob when it comes to pc parts and stuff, my mate built me my pc a couple years ago and I'm just a gamer really so haven't got any idea what's the next step when it comes to upgrading, I'm getting a 3060ti to upgrade from my rx570, question is will I need anything else to go with my 3060ti and how much could I get for my old rx570? My mate has offered me £80 for it but wondering if that's a fair price? Thanks

Soldato
Hi guys I'm actually a noob when it comes to pc parts and stuff, my mate built me my pc a couple years ago and I'm just a gamer really so haven't got any idea what's the next step when it comes to upgrading, I'm getting a 3060ti to upgrade from my rx570, question is will I need anything else to go with my 3060ti and how much could I get for my old rx570? My mate has offered me £80 for it but wondering if that's a fair price? Thanks
Check your powersupply is capable of running the 3060ti and look on the bay what the rx 570 are going for you will get more on there than 80 its gone mad but upto you if you sell it your mate for 80

Associate
Check your powersupply is capable of running the 3060ti and look on the bay what the rx 570 are going for you will get more on there than 80 its gone mad but upto you if you sell it your mate for 80

Thanks for the info I've got a corsair 650w psu in guessing that'll be ok? Ok I'll check Ebay about my old card I've no box for it will that matter? Thanks for the advice

Associate
ah i see fair enough the prices of every pc component has gone up by quite a bit so i see why hmmmm... so what xt variant of the 6800 is the cheapest if any of you may know?

Soldato
Check FB marketplace too. I sold my old RX570 for £110 to a guy who drove around a 100 mile round-trip to pick it up! Prices have also gone up generally since then.

Associate
Or the ones who are selling there old cards with no warranty on the bay 5700xt going between 550 - 600 quid so for not much more to buy a 3070 or 6800 with warranty and better performance so can you tell me what card you could buy for 60 -100 pounds which is better than a 5700xt because you can get a gigabyte 3070 for 659 and if you pay 200 pounds you get a 6800 again you couldnt even buy the 5700xt for 200 i totally agree it has gone mad but the 2nd hand market is stupid people buying cards for more than they were new

What so you're happy to pay £200 over RRP for no good reason? I appreciate prices have gone up a bit but that's taking the ####. You're mugs if you pander to their scalps. And yes it's not just oc doing it but they are amongst the worst offenders.

Soldato
What so you're happy to pay £200 over RRP for no good reason? I appreciate prices have gone up a bit but that's taking the ####. You're mugs if you pander to their scalps. And yes it's not just oc doing it but they are amongst the worst offenders.
Re read what i said people paid between 350 -500 pounds for a 5700xt theyre selling them on the bay for over 500 some have gone over 600 pounds with no warranty now for not much more you can get a brand new card with warranty for a between 50 -150 which is better than the card they had which they paid 3 x as much for so to them its a no brainer and not bad buisness 50 -150 pounds for a card that is equall or beats last gens top cards also manufactures have put prices up by 25 percent on the retail price i never mentioned i was happy what i did say was tell me what card you could buy before this madness stsrted for 150 even 200 brand new which beat a 5700xt ? i await your answer on that if your buying a new card without a card to sell then no i wouldnt buy at these prices and i wouldnt be happy either to answer your question so my point is if youve sold a card on the bay for 600pounds add 150 and youve a brand new card for a total out lay of 150 pounds with full warranty and better than you had before

Associate
Thanks Gibbo and Overclockers. Received my 3070 card today and it is all installed. It was to replace my dead 1080 card that went pop 2 weeks ago. Ordered Friday, had it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom