LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
basically you can’t run 120hz, 4k in full 4:2:2, 10bit colour on hdmi 2, you need 2.1. You could drop to 60hz and gain back 10bit. so, really, to get the best out of this cx oled you need a 3080 / 3090 series card.

Lets not have another argument, You can run 4k @120hz 8bit 4.2.0 no one said 10bit, also you don't need 3080/90 to run this OLED a 1080TI/2080TI can run this TV without problem so no need to upgrade just because it has a HDMI 2.1 it also have 4X HDMI 2.0

I can’t understand someone paying £1400 for this display without first owning a much more important 3080/3090 GPU that cost from £650.

Because an OLED TV is more superior image quality compare to QLED/LCD/LED, and you don't need a 3080/90 card. plus stop been a troll on this thread if you haven't got anything positive to talk about, also don't tell people how to spend their money it's not up to you.

Last edited:
Associate
Lets not have another argument, You can run 4k @120hz 8bit 4.2.0 no one said 10bit, also you don't need 3080/90 to run this OLED a 1080TI/2080TI can run this TV without problem so no need to upgrade just because it has a HDMI 2.1 it also have 4X HDMI 2.0

Because an OLED TV is more superior image quality compare to QLED/LCD/LED, and you don't need a 3080/90 card. plus stop been a troll on this thread if you haven't got anything positive to talk about, also don't tell people how to spend their money it's not up to you.

no one is arguing but you

Caporegime
Just info for fellow 6800/XT owners, if I switch on the 10bit Pixel Format setting then I get incredible microstutter (thought my Freesync was broken!). Looks like I don't need it on anyhow, with a proper cable it picks it up as RGB Full 4:4:4 anyhow when the proper TV settings are activated :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
What are you guys using to play movies with DTS audio? I just get "this video does not support audio" when trying.

Plex app on the LG does a good job, just make sure in your plex server (pc) and in the plex settings (tv app) you uncheck DTS audio, this way it converts any video file to an audio format that works (plays back) so you can hear it.

Using the inbuilt tv app is almost pointless since you may come across a video with DTS audio, something the LG does not support since DTS is apparently on its way out.

Soldato
Plex app on the LG does a good job, just make sure in your plex server (pc) and in the plex settings (tv app) you uncheck DTS audio, this way it converts any video file to an audio format that works (plays back) so you can hear it.

Using the inbuilt tv app is almost pointless since you may come across a video with DTS audio, something the LG does not support since DTS is apparently on its way out.

I see, I did install Plex on my PC and opened it on the TV but couldn't really see how to view my own movie files on my TV! Will have another go at it, thanks!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I see, I did install Plex on my PC and opened it on the TV but couldn't really see how to view my own movie files on my TV! Will have another go at it, thanks!

Should be straight forward you install plex server on the pc or laptop and then follow the onscreen setup. Usually you just point your films to the folders on your pc where the films are, same for tv series etc etc

As long as its all on the same network at home (ethernet or wifi) your LG CX long as its connected to same network should see all your hard drive films/tv series/pictures etc

Plex is awesome, really it replaces the need for htpc set ups.

Soldato

So you buy an OLED to run it without the full colour - good luck getting that true HDR then. May aswell buy one and run it at 1440p....oh wait - many did

Associate
So you buy an OLED to run it without the full colour - good luck getting that true HDR then. May aswell buy one and run it at 1440p....oh wait - many did

For the last time, I play 4K games with HDR on, I still get all the superior benefits of oled, also I rather have oled with a old GPU then have a old LCD with the best 30xx card.

For the very first time to use my ignore list I add your name

no one is arguing but you

Ah another troll added to my list

Last edited:
Associate
LG 48X in the house.

Wall mounted that puppy she runs like a beaut at 4K 120hz with 3090 and Gsync.

Tnx god i didnt go for the radeon series as the infinity cache and 4k dont mix too well.

I got that desk i think its called Ikea Fredde and i see you had to remove the top shelf. I was concidering to do the exact same setup but i got a little window behind at the right.

I was wondering how confortable is it because i can see the eye level would be in the middle vs how high that tv top part is. Well done on the awesome setup though.

Associate
I got that desk i think its called Ikea Fredde and i see you had to remove the top shelf. I was concidering to do the exact same setup but i got a little window behind at the right.

I was wondering how confortable is it because i can see the eye level would be in the middle vs how high that tv top part is. Well done on the awesome setup though.

Yeah it's IKEA that's been slightly modified to accommodate the larger screen. Wall mounted with a slim bracket to the wall. I get 85cm from the screen. Which is just enough. Still adjusting to its size.

Width is ok for eyes , it's height that takes used to. Needing to look up that can be a bit less natural and that needs work.

Don't feel much eyestraing on comparison to my wide-screen 1440p VA panel.

It's bright but not garring on the eyes.

COD on all high looked amazing. It really is something to behold.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure why people would get 144hz 27in or any other 4k monitor other over the 48oled, at 120hz its probably as good or better than 144hz, for motion clarity, and have it right distance from yourself, I now it had caveats, they both do, but for entertainment, gaming, all the way oled as long as you can manage the retention,
which is not much of an issue as long as follow a few precautionary steps, I will wait for the new LG Oled.

May be a 41in might show or smaller, and see f they are worth getting over the C10 for the price when the times right!!! (just need to get a bloody RTX 3080!! go to keep hunting unless OCUK can put me on the waiting list, cough support the members in these tough times ;) )

Back
Top Bottom