10tb WD Elements contains a WD100EZAZ-11TDBA0, but what is it?

Associate
Trying to figure out the model/type of disk this could be.

The WD model number EZAZ suggests its a Desktop Advanced Format - blue/black/green drive, but no indication of smr/cmr or if helium filled. Ive been through all of the internal drives on their site, blue tops out at 6tb, no sign of any green, but cant find anything that matches this model code.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Google “WD100EZAZ” - lots of information available as it’s a commonly shucked

I have four EMAZ’s which are helium filled 7200rpm enterprise drives with firmware performance limitations. I think the EZAZ are the same except air filled.

Associate
OP
I've spent several hours doing just that! So much contradiction everywhere! The EMAZ see to be more common along with a few others which can easily be confirmed as Red drives. Cant confirm, anything with these!

The enclosures are commonly shucked but very little information about these particular internal drives.

WD Tech on chat just told me they were helium filled but couldn't/wouldn't tell me anything else!

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you, thank you, thank you :) - just bought three of these for a new NAS, and hddscan.com has the WD100EZAZ model down as a helium filled CMR, so that's really helpful confirmation re the Ultrastar DC HC510.

Back
Top Bottom