*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
This is why I'm glad to have an Index as well as the Quest 2. index has worse SDE, but the image is way sharper. Makes a huge difference in Skyrim and sims where the draw distance is longer.

Hopefully further Quest 2 link improvements will come along at some point.

Associate
PCVR via oculus link has 2 small issues for me. theres a bit of added latency and the image is never as sharp as standalone. This is simply due to poor encoder on my RX 580? I can run the games i play at 1.7x res scale 90hz perfectly fine, and USB port has 2.3gbps

Soldato
just bought one of these, what game should i start with and any settings or anything like that to change ?

First steps is what you should start with. Nice introduction to the controls, and if it's your first time, a brilliant introduction. I'm sure many of us spent our first hour or so in VR giggling away whilst flying an RC blimp, and then shooting rockets at it (just me?).

Download the oculus app onto your PC, and sign into your headset with a cable to the PC, even if you don't have a good enough cable to play on yet (or PC for that matter), so you can claim a free copy of Asgards Wrath, a huge RPG game, that's currently free until the end of the month.

Beat saber and Superhot are two classics. Superhot I'd say wait for a sale personally. There's other cheaper rhythm games though, pistol whip looks good but I haven't tried it.

Try out Rec Room, lots of kids, but an enormous amount of games to play, from battle royale to adventures, all in a relatively cartoony style, good fun if you can avoid screaming/obnoxious kids. It's free, which is nice :).

Real VR fishing is brilliant for relaxing, especially if you know someone else with a headset, but the community is really chilled regardless. I play with my old man weekly (when we are able), since we've not been able to see each other for over a year now.

Eleven table tennis is extremely realistic, I'd love to be able to play more, but I need more space than I can currently use.

Associate
Any way us UKers can watch any of the films that are rn on bigscreen beta ? It seems it's only for the US. Strange that given apparently facebook knows what we had for breakfast that they don't tailor the film adverts accordingly. It's so disappointing to go in there, see all the movies and then realise none of them are valid for me.

Soldato
Any way us UKers can watch any of the films that are rn on bigscreen beta ? It seems it's only for the US. Strange that given apparently facebook knows what we had for breakfast that they don't tailor the film adverts accordingly. It's so disappointing to go in there, see all the movies and then realise none of them are valid for me.

Bigscreen isn't afilliated with Facebook, in fact they're having problems rolling out their movie rental service as Facebook want their 30% cut of sales, which makes it unprofitable. It's interesting that Netflix and Amazon prime apps are available on Quest, but Oculus doesn't take a cut from their subscriptions. Seems unfair.

Soldato
My Quest finally made it to it's destination in the Czech Republic. The next day they're sending me out a new one, delivery Saturday. I can't complain too much.

Back
Top Bottom