• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Wont help much as anything reasonably priced gets bought within a minute or two and they're beating me so I'm sure theres bots in there. :D

It's a shame, I've had so much loving looked after hardware to sell recently, would have been nice to know it (maybe) went to a good home.

Associate
A url page that has password entry and the password is refreshed and released by gibbo or another member of staff every 48 or so hours?

Admin headache but forum user heaven :)

Soldato
Associate
Yes they were in stock for about 3 seconds. And no we don't stand a chance now that the bots know about the 3D printer page.
Thats a shame, I've recently got into playing MS flight simulator 2000 and my aging laptop with a GTX 870m GPU is pretty poor for gaming. Its fine for my work, but i was hoping to build myself a new pc around an RTX 3060 TI graphics card, but thats looking unlikely now :(

There's no way I can complete checkout on a GPU in 3 seconds !!!!, is there any way to stop the bots ?

Associate
Thats a shame, I've recently got into playing MS flight simulator 2000 and my aging laptop with a GTX 870m GPU is pretty poor for gaming. Its fine for my work, but i was hoping to build myself a new pc around an RTX 3060 TI graphics card, but thats looking unlikely now :(

There's no way I can complete checkout on a GPU in 3 seconds !!!!, is there any way to stop the bots ?

Same im looking for a 3060ti for under £500 refuse to pay scalpers. But looks like I'm in for a long wait.

Associate
It's interesting that the RX 6800s are still in stock. It seems like there's still not much trust in AMD's GPU drivers or maybe after the price hike less people want to pay 700+ for a video card with (currently) poor ray-tracing performance? I'm genuinely curious because both the Sapphire Pulse and Nitro+ models seem to have better value than the RTX 3070 if they cost the same.

The 6800's still in stock after an hour and I'm so tempted to give AMD a try but I don't know who to trust if the whole "Bad drivers" from AMD is still a thing these days. I've read a lot saying they're trash and others saying "Give them 3 months and they'll iron out the issues" with new cards.

Associate
The 6800's still in stock after an hour and I'm so tempted to give AMD a try but I don't know who to trust if the whole "Bad drivers" from AMD is still a thing these days. I've read a lot saying they're trash and others saying "Give them 3 months and they'll iron out the issues" with new cards.
they have been in stock for quite some time now. Almost pulled the trigger on the nitro but 740 is just way too much. never had an issue with drivers, currently on 570 and will gladly get another AMD. currently hoping some poor soul will overpay for my 570 so I can overpay for the 6800 lol

Soldato
they have been in stock for quite some time now. Almost pulled the trigger on the nitro but 740 is just way too much. never had an issue with drivers, currently on 570 and will gladly get another AMD. currently hoping some poor soul will overpay for my 570 so I can overpay for the 6800 lol
The bay is your friend for selling gpu at moment its crazy what people are paying for 2nd hand cards take a look

Associate
That would be price fixing and against the UK law. But walking down the street is currently!
Isn't that exactly what was done with the initial batch of launch cards - sold at MRSP?
I'm not sure I understand the legal distinction between first delivery and subsequent deliveries re: price-fixing laws in the UK...

Associate

I've had an RX 570 in the past and I didn't have too much issue with the drivers either. From what I've heard or read the current drivers for the RX 6800 is nothing to be worried about, usually these are little annoying things, nothing major. If you come from a rock solid NVIDIA driver experience it might make you a bit frustrated, but as most people here are way more tech-savvy than the average, you won't notice anything outstanding probably.

I don't want to pay extra for anything, but the thing is my 6-month old 2070 Super Founders Edition is worth almost what I paid for it (which is the 489 MSRP), so for an extra 300 I could get a decent, but not mind-blowing jump. The RX 6800 is appealing because of the 16GB VRAM plus a better rasterization performance, the RTX 3070 has better drivers, DLSS (which I still don't like, but it's optional) and usable ray-tracing performance (although I'm not sure when will be the next time when a decent game comes out which can benefit from it visually at least the same way Watch Dogs: Legion or Cyberpunk 2077 did).

Associate
I'm afraid to say that anyone looking to buy a 3060ti at or under £500 is in for a very long wait.

It would seem very plausible now that stock levels will not normalize for at least 2-4 months ( i.e. a shop puts a card up for sale and stock remains available for at least that day ) and prices are unlikely to follow for at least a month or two afterwards ( I don't see the price dropping by more than £50 on say 3060ti and even that wont happen until shops have to sell them to clear room in thir warehouses).

We are facing multiple factors arising from the pandemic ( some people have more disposable income due to not going out/having holidays, transport costs have gone up hugely, supply has fallen, higher demand due to stay at home), Chinese New Year, Brexit ( UK ), higher demand from manufacturing ( new consoles and other hardware competiting for factories/chips and memory ) and lower supply ( difficulty in manufacturing) not to mention perceived value of say the 3000 series over the 2000 series. On top of that we have scalping and bots as well as genuine customers buying multiple cards to ensure they have a fall back prior to getting say a 3080 FE. All of this has resulted in unprecedented high demand and low supply, neither of which looks to be resolved any time soon and likely not before end of year where demand will build up again due to xmas!

I'd also add that having been looking into the gpu costs for the 3060ti a bit ( so this might not apply to other cards ) even at the current £500 or more price point they are still actually good deals for the cards they are replacing. For example 3060ti is as good as a 2080 super, a card that 6-9 months ago was going for between £650 and £850. So you're still getting a pretty damn good deal, even if not quite the deal you'd like. Thats not to say I don't think the current 3060ti's are overpriced, i'd like to see them for £430-£450 range for that, i.e. almost half the price of a previous gen high performance card. However in my mind its now clear that nvidia totally played us, presenting FE models with unrealistically low prices/expectations, which in turn also helped drive up demand.

So yeah I think the expectations for these cards were unrealistic to start with due to FE models and those expectations are never going to be met, unless you hold out and are lucky to grab an FE drop ( hasn't been a 3060ti for over 2 weeks now in UK ). The are a few shops that might still sell some 3060ti's for under £500, but good luck snagging one of those. Unless you really are unable to afford it, i'd say grab a 3060ti now for £550 and get 2-6 months extra gaming out of it for the extra £50. Just be aware there is a strong possibility with the volume of these cards being sold that they will not hold their value like previous generations.

Edit: One further thing about this opinion, its likely also influenced by the fact that i've been stuck on a 6 year old PC with a GTX970, so the jump to a 3060ti is substantial, therefore £500 cost is still a pretty good deal. Coming from newer gen gpu's that jump might not be as big and as such may devalue the perceived deal of these prices.

Also I realize that the cost of gpu's gen on gen keeps going up. My 970 was what < £300 at the time and that was the most i'd ever spent on a gpu and wouldn't have dreamed spending any more than that. So even if you put the 3060ti in the same category of card its still a bump of £200, which is quite surprising to think about. However I get the impression this is just how its going to be for gpu's going forward ( at least until a new design breakthrough happens ). It probably also explains why the FE models were so exciting, at £369 it felt like good value to the card I bought 6 years, where as if the FE was £450+ it wouldn't have.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Yes nearly all cards sold now, plus our cost prices this week have rockets across all GPU's, were finding it pretty baffling as to why to be honest, pound strongest its been but 3080's are around £100 more expensive compared to last week and closer to around £150-200 compared to launch.

Associate
Hi there

Yes nearly all cards sold now, plus our cost prices this week have rockets across all GPU's, were finding it pretty baffling as to why to be honest, pound strongest its been but 3080's are around £100 more expensive compared to last week and closer to around £150-200 compared to launch.

costs aside, I have the card I want waiting at home for me. Thanks for helping us out Gibbo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom