Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Was £20k up in profit, I was literally just about to hit sell and then the mother of all drops occurred and it dropped to only £4k in profit. But I held on and currently sitting at £10k profit hoping they get forced to allow trades again.

Caporegime
This is all the motivation I need.

IMG-20210128-192928.jpg

Soldato
All the rumours and nonsense on the loose now

Just got a tip that Citadel reloaded their shorts before they told Robinhood to stop trading $GME. If this is true, Ken Griffin and the Robinhood founders should be in jail. This is class warfare.

Soldato
HL are still selling, if anyone has an itch and thinks the roof will pop tomorrow/Monday...

Cleared 400% yesterday evening on 212, tossed a tiny proportion of profits back in to see if this still has legs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm glad i'm out - could blow up tomorrow, in either direction!

Its really hard to say whats going to happen. The right people are noticing this in the US government but the cynic in me just thinks they will get a "large" fine which will pale in comparison to the amount these companies would have lost if they played by the rules. Thats kind of the way it always goes with these companies.

Soldato
AMC and NOK hit my stop losses (*Update* I didn't know there is visibility of these), so I'm about 30% down - I only had a little in. Not certain which way this will go. It is funny how a company can just halt trading / buy options, literally made the share price go only one way.

I would argue its manipulation on both sides - the way up and the way down.

Last edited:
Associate
It’s not manipulation if in a free market people buy and the price goes up. That a bunch of people decide to buy together is not illegal it’s free market economics.

What is wrong is when the people who do this in the opposite direction and undermine business for their profit see their actions going wrong and act to stop it.

look in the uk at all the companies that have gone to shorting least of all Carillion!

Caporegime
WSB 2.0 discord is turning into a ponzi scheme for mods and admins

they post to buy SALM in anouncements after they bought in already themselves. (btw they aren't poor withhow much it jumped before the post, so probably not just kids)

they will sell before close or during after market.

seems like a massive risk and I'm not taking it.

Soldato
Screw the hedgies - this is amazing fun. My job means I can't trade the stock market in any meaningful, dynamic capacity which is annoying.

Well done to all those who have made nice gains :)

I hope any shutdowns on exchanges build up massive anger and get some of the big players rekt. A wholesale attack on the 1% (especially those who profit from misery) is well overdue.

fez

fez

Caporegime
AMC and NOK hit my stop losses, so I'm about 30% down - I only had a little in. Not certain which way this will go. It is funny how a company can just halt trading / buy options, literally made the share price go only one way.

Thats straight up market manipulation when you stop certain people from buying but allow others to do it. The price will fall and by all account Citidel added to their short position just before they guaranteed that the market dropped. I don't know how more clear cut you can get.

There are lots of people in the US that are suing RH and other brokers that stopped users buying.

Back
Top Bottom