The Medium - Xbox series X/S and PC exclusive

Soldato
I thought it was alright, if I'd paid full price for it I'd have likely felt different but for "free" it was an interesting (if predictable) story and I enjoyed the split screen mechanic if only because it was something new. The controls were really clunky and graphics aside, a lot of the rest of the game felt 5-10 years out of date but it didn't outstay it's welcome.

Associate
How far in am I? Not sure how much my heart can take....doesn't help I sit in a dark room about 5ft away from a 50" screen with surround sound.

I've just found the red house.

Soldato
Getting annoyed by some demon thing with a shovel head keep getting me..... lol

It’s easier than it seems when trying to get past him I found.

Finished it earlier, thought it was great, I like these type of games that just come out of nowhere and hit game pass, for me it was a little different to what I normally play, so I liked the slower pace and really liked the setting for this.

Soldato
I'm not sure if the gameplay will grow on me but this does nothing to show off a Series X, it looks and feels like an indie game from 10 years ago :(

Soldato
I've booked an appointment at Specsavers for you, February 12th at 2.15pm.

Very kind of you :)

I haven't played much of it, my Dad passed away a few days before this game was released and after starting it I realised I didn't want to play too much.

That said I thought it looked terrible. I have just loaded it up in case I was missing something and no it looks terrible, the characters appear to be really low res with weird glitching on the face etc and pixelated hair. Like I said I'm not far into it, not long left the house but these were/are my first impressions.

Caporegime
That said I thought it looked terrible. I have just loaded it up in case I was missing something and no it looks terrible, the characters appear to be really low res with weird glitching on the face etc and pixelated hair. Like I said I'm not far into it, not long left the house but these were/are my first impressions.

I don't recall being amazed by the clarity of textures (in the house at the start) since Max Payne 1. I thought it was that good. :D

Soldato
Very kind of you :)

I haven't played much of it, my Dad passed away a few days before this game was released and after starting it I realised I didn't want to play too much.

Sorry to hear that.

I agree the graphics are nothing special, there are few areas that it looks pretty decent, but there is no way this game is testing the series x at all. It even drops the resolution in split screen to something like 900p.
Apart from the split screen, I guess being quite demanding, this could easily be a last gen game graphically and nothing special at that.

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear that.

I agree the graphics are nothing special, there are few areas that it looks pretty decent, but there is no way this game is testing the series x at all. It even drops the resolution in split screen to something like 900p.
Apart from the split screen, I guess being quite demanding, this could easily be a last gen game graphically and nothing special at that.

It probably is testing the hardware, you forget in split screen it is fully rendering two complete worlds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry to hear that.

Thank you.

A weird thing, I reset my Series X as for some reason the audio was only playing through one channel and after that the game actually looked a bit better (I'd not used the series X since probably end Nov/Beginning of Dec). It's still not a great looking game especially in the split screen where the resolution drops a lot and certainly not what I hoped for, but it hasn't got the strange glitches now and the hair doesn't look quite as pixelated.

Looks like it may be quite a short game so I will probably play it more and finish it.

Soldato
Finished the medium last night. It was enjoyable but also a tad boring by the end I had definitely had enough of finding levers and other things. The story was ok graphics were decent enough. I doubt I would play it again as no real replay value.

Soldato
Thank you.

A weird thing, I reset my Series X as for some reason the audio was only playing through one channel and after that the game actually looked a bit better (I'd not used the series X since probably end Nov/Beginning of Dec). It's still not a great looking game especially in the split screen where the resolution drops a lot and certainly not what I hoped for, but it hasn't got the strange glitches now and the hair doesn't look quite as pixelated.

Looks like it may be quite a short game so I will probably play it more and finish it.

Its about 6-8hrs, depending how you play, if you don't explore every nook and cranny, maybe less.

Soldato
I've just killed the big hound thing and am a pretty disappointed with the game. It's not a horror game, it's not an action game and you'd be hard pushed to say it contains puzzles. It is a semi interesting story though which is why I've put up with the last half hour being predominantly running very slowly while finding the odd bit of story littered about and even slower traversing of narrow bridges. I gather i'm quite near the end now, if i wasn't i'd probably give up. Graphically sometimes it looks amazing, other times it doesn't, i got the odd artifact when in split mode too. Am glad it was free.

Back
Top Bottom