• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah RT is nice and all but 60fps every time I can get it. The RT 60 mode in the Spider-Man Remaster was a great compromise. Even with the dynamic resolution you can't see the drops because everything is moving so fast. Would be good to see others going down that route. I'll have a play of Control later today to see how it looks.

Soldato
Can someone with a Series X controller try out a random headset/mic with it? I’ve tried both my Bose and the standard apple headset you used to get with an iPhone and neither work. The Bose I get sound but the mic doesn’t work, the apple have a high pitch noise on them continuously. Both headsets work on other devices fine. Microsoft are suggesting it’s got a faulty 3.5mm port and asking I return it.

just wanted to make sure it is faulty and not a design problem!

Caporegime
Can someone with a Series X controller try out a random headset/mic with it? I’ve tried both my Bose and the standard apple headset you used to get with an iPhone and neither work. The Bose I get sound but the mic doesn’t work, the apple have a high pitch noise on them continuously. Both headsets work on other devices fine. Microsoft are suggesting it’s got a faulty 3.5mm port and asking I return it.

just wanted to make sure it is faulty and not a design problem!
Apple swapped the ground and mic around and the Xbox controller doesn’t like it. Hence the high pitch as the mic is actually the Earth when using a Apple headset.

not sure on why the Bose isn’t working

Associate
Anyone else think control has terrible graphics on the series x? I mean it looks worse than my 1660ti laptop?! Is it just remedy putting out a lazy cash grab, or is it more demanding than I realise lol.

Edit: just had a quick look at the digital foundry vid, it’s the equivalent of low settings on the pc version, with some settings lower than that! Surely this is just lazy developers rather than the new consoles struggling to run low pc settings at 1440p.

Man of Honour
Anyone else think control has terrible graphics on the series x? I mean it looks worse than my 1660ti laptop?! Is it just remedy putting out a lazy cash grab, or is it more demanding than I realise lol.

It looks pretty good with RT. Without it looks a bit 'meh'. There's a lot going on in the environment though. Blow a room to pieces and you soon realise where all the grunt is going.

Associate
It looks pretty good with RT. Without it looks a bit 'meh'. There's a lot going on in the environment though. Blow a room to pieces and you soon realise where all the grunt is going.

I think I’d rather have 1080p high settings with RT and 60fps if they could manage it. I still think these new consoles should be capable of more than this tbh. I tried the 30fps and it’s horrible now I’ve been playing games at 60fps.

Soldato
I’m playing Control in graphics mode and it looks pretty good 30fps does not bother me. The physics effects are fantastic really wish more devs would make this effort it really makes for an immersive world.

I installed it on my laptop last night to have a look and set everything to max at 1080p. It does look and run a lot better on pc.

Associate
Control "looks" good in 30RT but moves like ****, I really don't know how anyone can play it like that. I think it looks good at 60 personally. I've spend quite a lot of time flipping back and forth and honestly it's such a better experience at 60, I just can't do 30. I'd be surprised if its actually achieving 30 a lot of the time, it feels that bad.

Associate
Managed to get hold of a few 12month EA Access codes at £15.99 (translates to 4 months GamePass Ultimate each).......cheapest way I could find to top up my existing GP.

Back
Top Bottom