NP: The now playing thread

Man of Honour
I have become absolutely obsessed with the soundtrack from Cats. It’s just so ****ing awesome. My snobby nature instinctively makes me turn up my nose at musical theatre. But the music in Cats just absolutely pwns. For something so popular it is extraordinarily weird and chromatic sounding. Dissonance followed by super catchy melody. I absolutely love it!!

To give you a flavour:

The superlong overture (preceded by a weird poem):

Just utterly weird. I love it!! :D

Associate
Always feel like this band should be far bigger than they are, and I love how oddly anxious this song makes me feel. :D

Last edited:
Soldato

Found this song by accident and it absolutely floored me. Hasn't happened for a very long time. I'm a sucker for a good solo though and the one near the end surprised me.

Soldato

Oh.. yes, and this - feel the evil

I heard this back in 1997.. the royal opera house, Gheorghiu absolutely kills it.

Last edited:
Associate
Something a little different for me. I picked up the full Woodstock 50th Anniversary Archive recently. Working through day 1, Melanie stood out. Not at all familiar with her and she was drafted in for Woodstock at the last moment, but put on a great set. Listened to two of her albums consecutively this evening.

Back
Top Bottom