• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Hi guys,

I’m around 190 in the queue for an MSI Trio 3080, but with no idea of delivery date I tried and failed for the 3080FE drop earlier. Saw the 3090 in stock (think it still is) and purchased that instead! :eek:

Having buyers remorse already! But after nearly five months I’m tired of waiting and chasing phantom 3080 stock alerts.

What do you guys think. Keep it or cancel and wait it out for the 3080. I’m currently on an r390 trying to play FS2020 at 10fps....

I'd cancel -£1,400 is a lot to pay for flight sim. Maybe get a 3070 as an interim instead if you want to wait it out for your 3080?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I’m around 190 in the queue for an MSI Trio 3080, but with no idea of delivery date I tried and failed for the 3080FE drop earlier. Saw the 3090 in stock (think it still is) and purchased that instead! :eek:

Having buyers remorse already! But after nearly five months I’m tired of waiting and chasing phantom 3080 stock alerts.

What do you guys think. Keep it or cancel and wait it out for the 3080. I’m currently on an r390 trying to play FS2020 at 10fps....

It is your choice, if the money is pocket change keep it, if its enough though to make you been concerned with the spending, then its a case of how much do you value your time for the wait on getting a 3080. The problem with the 3090 it will probably be harder to sell if you decide later, so think it over.

If it were me I would cancel, but I did have a 1080ti to still use when I got my FE.

Associate
Hi guys,

Same. Got fed up of waiting to have a chance of not getting a 3080FE and got bored of chasing alerts. The 3090 will be in my PC tomorrow. Do I regret it? A bit, but the extra cost is worth it to not have to play the chasing game for another 3 months to me.

Caporegime
Yes just few mins. Realistically under 2 mins as even if it showed for longer then that, it was because people were filtering through checkout already.

It's usually gone almost the instant the alert goes out. There's usually a few that come up a few minutes later if you keep mashing the add to basket button.

Associate
Well thats another 3080FE missed, again no `add to basket` on the competitor page, though with my phone giving false notifications in messages and late notifications on Twitter I`m not surprised I didn`t get one this time round.

Congrats to those who got one ;)

Soldato
More like seconds rather than minutes (10s of seconds if I am being generous), better than last time but still very poor.
Thanks. So, it sounds like you can't realistically buy them then, unless quite lucky / persistent.

Just wondered, as my brother might want a new GPU soon, so RTX 3070 FE is probably the one to go for - Or maybe just wait, GTX 1080 is still reasonably good 1080p graphics card.

Soldato
The trouble is, it means people who don't watch their PC / phone notifications during the day can't get one. It's not remotely fair ;)

Preoders make little sense for this product in 2020/1. If they were taking pre orders every man and his dog would just join the queue and most preorders would never be fulfilled.

Pre orders make sense where there is one SKU at one price but not when there is upwards of 50 SKUs ranging from £650 to nearly £1k.

Just look at the Asus TUF queue on here, it’s still over 500 deep 4 months in, other cards have been cleared for a while now. Some of those asus TUF people will be waiting until the end of the year at this rate.

Soldato
3090's still available chaps, its tempting isn't it...

Absolutely! Is it worth the time I'd save having to play the "catch the 3080" game? How long is the card going to last me? 4 years? 5? £350 a year? £280? Then I'm looking at my monthly salary, how much it would cost as a proportion. Trying to make the purchase out to be insignificant. But you know what, if someone gave me £1,400 right now. I think I'd still struggle to buy a 3090. I'd begrudge paying it.

Back
Top Bottom