• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
im going to try to play stellaris with a xb one controller via steam's controller config sw. the cursor is working very well after playing with the deadzones...

I also tried Parsec (desktop + game streaming) and found it works a lot better than steam remote play for dx12 games like cyberpunk 2077.

Associate
I managed to click ‘Add to Basket’ for a 3080FE but it never made it as they sold out in seconds. I did pick up a 3070FE though, and am just glad that my hunt for a new GPU is over as it’s madness just now. I’ll be playing at 1440p, so think the 3070 will do fine.

Soldato
Talking about the FE, seems to be the only one thats available to buy for at least a minute every few weeks at msrp.

I think “at least a minute” is being generous!

I was trying since early November with discord and telegram alerts and still hadn’t managed to get one before giving up a week or two ago.

Caporegime
Was grabbing a link - check what I added ^

I waited and tried for a 6800XT. You can shove that where the sun dont shine, they should be listed less than a 3080FE. Even if you account for some gouging creep they are not worth more than 699 ever.

Pricing is insane currently, retailers and etailers are making a decent chunk on each card they gouge. :(

Caporegime
I think “at least a minute” is being generous!

I was trying since early November with discord alerts and still hadn’t managed to get one before giving up a week or two ago.

They sort of showed up twice, once the 3080 went out of stock it again showed as in stock a few mins later. Though again for barely any time. The initial listing the add to cart option was mia for most of it so again they mostly sold out in seconds.

Soldato
Cheers. Well, I guess that must mean it uses less power than my R9 390 (2 8 pin connectors).

Any there any tools to max out the power limit on Ampere GPUs?

Last edited:
Associate
3060 ti from earlier today has gone through! Thanks for the tips everyone :)

Joined the telegram a couple week ago, and since then I've kept an Nvidia store tab open at pretty much all times I've been at my computer (which has been even more than usual recently because of Covid). Just spammed refresh on the tab as soon as I got the notification on my phone and after a couple tries they all showed up as in stock. Once it was added to cart it seems like you had a lot of time to checkout, the site took absolutely ages to load and at one point there was some error that emptied my basket, but luckily going back a few pages brought it back.

The first few refreshes still showed it as sold out, so not sure if it takes a bit longer for the site to update depending on which part of the country you're in, or if that was their bot detection kicking in and putting botted cards back into the pool for real people to buy. It's probably worth refreshing for a fair few minutes though even if it shows as sold out at first.

Soldato
Cheers. Well, I guess that must mean it uses less power than my R9 390 (2 8 pin connectors).

Any there any tools to max out the power limit on Ampere GPUs?

Power limit is set at BIOS level. So any tool that can up the power limit via slider will let you hit the max limit based on BIOS. So MSI afterburner, EVGA's software etc will let you notch the slider up.

Soldato
Power limit is set at BIOS level. So any tool that can up the power limit via slider will let you hit the max limit based on BIOS. So MSI afterburner, EVGA's software etc will let you notch the slider up.
Thanks, apparently the power limit is 240w for the FE. I hear its possible to flash the BIOS to change the power limit, but I doubt ill risk it.

Permabanned
Got my order dispatched for 3080FE, very excited. My watch is done now.

Also to clarify, as other people might be in the same position as me and might be put off ordering. I've got a 3070FE a few weeks ago with the aim of getting a 3080FE down the line. The rule is that you can't use the same address, name and IP, one card per household. However my girlfriend ordered one for me (account in her name), same address. Therefore it's still possible for those who were wondering. My watch has ended, good luck to everyone else seeking a card.

Permabanned
Out of curiosity, is it even possible to flash an aib bios to a FE graphics card yet? I've heard NVFlash doesn't allow it.

Yes, did it with the 1000 series but the fans ran slower as it had far smaller fans that the AIB's and the FE's were faster clock per clocxk.

You run the Override comment in NVFlash if the Bioses are not matched think it is /F (force)

Associate
That was ******* bonkers today.

Managed the card I've wanted for 3 months. 3080FE should arrive tomorrow.

Just gotta figure out what's up as had copped a 6800 reference from OCUK when Gibbo pulled his first 3D printer trick.

Been running some benchmarks today and kinda feel the 6800 is maxing out my 164hz monitor on everything I play. Lol.

Left all discord servers. Now, to try and re-establish my mental health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom