looking to build gaming pc

Associate
looking to build a gaming pc for my son. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice for what components would be best for him playing games like call of duty warzone Minecraft gta ect also want it with rgb lighting inside. price around £1000 to £1500 mark. ?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi for a rough idea, I currently have :-
i7 3rd gen
Asrock performance board
32gb ram
250gb ssd for windows
4tb hd for games
Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb card

Its an old system, but still runs those games on ultimate settings and good fps rates, also excellent with vr set.
I'm selling this one. But sure you can get a similar spec or better with your budget

Soldato
If you swap out the motherboard and cpu from the above build to intel then you can run it till you get a GPU as the cpu has an igpu on although this will not play modern games it may be ok for minecraft.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £390.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

No reasonably priced GPUs in stock right now but the 3060tis go for around £550 when they are. The GPUs are hidden from bots on this page.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/peripherals/printers-and-scanners

Associate
OP
Ok thanks I am going to build up in stages which parts should I buy first to start also do I need to buy extra cables for any components you sent me in the first post to get it all up and running.? its for his Christmas this year he's wanting a gaming pc he just got a ps5 for this Christmas .

Soldato
Ok thanks I am going to build up in stages which parts should I buy first to start also do I need to buy extra cables for any components you sent me in the first post to get it all up and running.? its for his Christmas this year he's wanting a gaming pc he just got a ps5 for this Christmas .
If you're not in a rush then I'd focus on trying to get hold of a GPU first then look at putting the rest together at that time as intel are releasing new CPUs around march and AMD might counter with new releases of their own or price cuts on their current products etc.

Associate
Can’t see anything, but if to get a GPU now look at the prebuilt items , for that money the radiance bullet

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Radiance Bullet - AMD Ryzen 3600 - Powered By Asus Gaming PC = £1,279.99
    • Memory:Team Group Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - RGB Black (TF1D4
    • Primary Solid State Drive:WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB M.2 2280 Solid State Drive (WDS500G2B0B)
    • Case:CoolerMaster MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX Case - Black Window
    • Secondary Solid State Drive:Unwanted
    • Storage Drive:Unwanted
    • Graphics Card:Asus GeForce RTX 3060Ti TUF Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
    • Peripheral Bundle:Unwanted
Total: £1,294.09 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Associate
OP
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...0c16-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-4c7-cs.html]
MY4C7CS_217781_105x105.jpg
[/url] [/INDENT]will the psu be oki with this and 360 ti ?

Back
Top Bottom