Non-fault accident (write off) - Still paying premiums?

Soldato
They've agreed to cancel the policy, but have refused to refund any premiums I've paid since the accident (4 monthly payments since the accident - £120) and want to charge me a £60 cancelation fee.

would they have left these sums on credit for a future policy ie. effectively £180 off if you move your other car on its renewal.

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Just an update as my insurance company has rang me this morning.

In short, my insurance company have now decided to waive the cancellation fee and to reimburse me any premiums paid since my accident.

Apparently, the reimbursement of my premiums is the standard procedure in this scenario, and they decided that it is unfair to charge a cancellation fee in such a scenario.

The lady I was speaking to made it seem that they had never experienced this situation whereby a customer has had their car written off, the 3rd party insurance paying out 100% and then the customer not buying another car which I find a bit strange but did not want to say anything as I am ultimately happy with the result, she will be submitting some sort of review or something I don’t know.

Thanks all.

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Just an update as my insurance company has rang me this morning.

In short, my insurance company have now decided to waive the cancellation fee and to reimburse me any premiums paid since my accident.

Apparently, the reimbursement of my premiums is the standard procedure in this scenario, and they decided that it is unfair to charge a cancellation fee in such a scenario.

The lady I was speaking to made it seem that they had never experienced this situation whereby a customer has had their car written off, the 3rd party insurance paying out 100% and then the customer not buying another car which I find a bit strange but did not want to say anything as I am ultimately happy with the result, she will be submitting some sort of review or something I don’t know.

Thanks all.
Cheaper for them to do that than get charged when it ended up with the ombudsman I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom