• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Last weeks wasnt particularly small was it? Saw quite a few success stories about in line with the usual drops.

It seemed to sell out faster than previous drops with people reporting it was under a minute where we`ve had maybe a two minute window previously, though I`m referring to the 3080FE and not the whole FE family.
I clicked the link as soon as I got the notification and there was no buy button there, I tried refreshing for around ten minutes but it was just the same.

Associate
Did the Nvidia link show up late ie. after the alerts as usual, or were they in sync this time?

Something seemed a bit out to me with the 3080 link as the competitor site was neither out of stock nor able to buy but I could buy the 3090. I`m assuming the 3080 had already gone but the time I`d hit the link and done the captcha.

Soldato
Did the Nvidia link show up late ie. after the alerts as usual, or were they in sync this time?

1 - get to an alert channel, my suggestion is partalert FE on telegram. Second option is also ctrlaltdel on discord.
2 - These provide direct retailer links which is good, as the nvidia site seems to have caching issues, for me when I got my 3080, the nvidia site never showed it in stock, I refreshed it a few times.
3 - The retailer may show it out of stock when you done the captcha, but wait a moment then do a few refreshes not too close together and hopefully the buy button will appear.
4 - Amazon pay checkout is quick, no requirement to enter card details. I do believe the retailer has a basket reservation system, but its clear its not 100% reliable.
5 - Dont consider it a you have lost thing till at least 5 minutes after the drop, as stock will randomly appear. Perhaps from staggered releasing as well as declined orders going back into pool.

Man of Honour
5 - Dont consider it a you have lost thing till at least 5 minutes after the drop, as stock will randomly appear. Perhaps from staggered releasing as well as declined orders going back into pool.

I think as well they hold some orders and fulfil from declined orders if they can - mine didn't get confirmation right away and was quite late getting to the picking stage and I think initially they probably didn't have a card for my order (not just the retailer being busy).

Mine went through at 15:51, confirmed 15:58 but didn't get picked until 00:13.

Associate
Anyone got a guide for someone who doesn't really use twitter that much on how to setup notifications for partalerts? I can follow them of course, and I can search on the relevant #tag but can't see how to create an alert/notification for that combo

Soldato
Anyone got a guide for someone who doesn't really use twitter that much on how to setup notifications for partalerts? I can follow them of course, and I can search on the relevant #tag but can't see how to create an alert/notification for that combo

For me Discord notifications came through quicker than Twitter, so you could consider using that instead

Back
Top Bottom