When will the 3080 be back?

Associate
I have built my pc all that is missing is the gpu i wanted 3080 founder edition but reading up about them they wont be instock anytime soon is this true? And will stock get better soon? If not is there any gpu i could buy for now?

Soldato
There`s a worldwide shortage and the situation is about to get worse because TSMC is ramping up the production of chips for vehicle manufacturers because they`re also in short supply.

Perhaps there will be a few black friday deals in November.

Associate
There are still decent numbers coming, but since 3080 is by far one of the better mining cards (followed by 3060ti) I would guess most are mining.

Are you sure about that? - the number of cards arriving at most UK retailers can be counted on 1 (max 2) hands.

Associate
80% of whats arriving are probably going into pre builds also.

Which is why I almost considered buying a pre-built and getting the RTX 3080 out of it.

However, pre-build's tend to use cheaper stuff. The lower end RTX 3080's. Or you would not know which version of an RTX 3080 you would be buying. If it was an Asus Tuf RTX 3080, I would have been tempted.

Soldato
Which is why I almost considered buying a pre-built and getting the RTX 3080 out of it.

However, pre-build's tend to use cheaper stuff. The lower end RTX 3080's. Or you would not know which version of an RTX 3080 you would be buying. If it was an Asus Tuf RTX 3080, I would have been tempted.
Tbf the difference between a top end 3080 and a low end one are negligible in games since the cards don't really overclock well.

Back
Top Bottom