GD petty criminals in 'ere

Man of Honour
Launch an antisocial media campaign against the manufacturer for using plastic and KILLING ALL THE ANIMALS! Then demand that they come to your house to remove the evil and apologise on video on Facebook.

I was secretly hoping you were all little scrotes when you were kids

sharing tales about how you all used to rob woolworth's and these defenses were defeated in seconds using xxxxxxx with a small amount of pressure added to yyyy

I know its easy to defeat in my own home, what if this was in a live fire environment :p

Your best approach for doing that is to find out how they're removed in store and replicate that.

I'm too old for it - when I was a kid this sort of anti-theft thing didn't exist at all. I even predate the earlier version - deliberately excessive sealed packaging requiring tools to open.

Commissario
Baby milk is nigh on £10 a pop, easy to nick, and easy to fence on in the pub.
IIRC Meat and cheese are other ones you wouldn't think would be high risk but are (RF tags in the labels for them in some areas).

I've found that the supermarkets that offer home delivery based out of their stores seem to have issues with removing the tags, although usually the more discrete ones in the likes of Blu-rays as opposed to something at obvious as that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, but why are there security locks on these things in the first place?

They'll be putting them on Pringles next.

Because, like cheese and meat, it's an easy, relatively high value item for the dustheads to just grab and flog in the local boozer. Or wherever they do it now that all the boozers are shut.

This is the reason why in the Sainsburys in Stoke they lock the doors at the town end of the store and only use the ones at the carpark end. The local dustheads from the Sally Ann were walking in and then running out the town exit and disappearing. That exit was at the end of the store where the meat and cheese aisles are located and the the opposite end of the store to the security desk, not that the security guards in there are of much use anyway.

Soldato
Isn't the correct procedure to put up a picture of said container held by child in sadface pose on the supplier's twitter feed and berate them publicly for inflicting such mental cruelty on your entire family ?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Because, like cheese and meat, it's an easy, relatively high value item for the dustheads to just grab and flog in the local boozer. Or wherever they do it now that all the boozers are shut.

This is the reason why in the Sainsburys in Stoke they lock the doors at the town end of the store and only use the ones at the carpark end. The local dustheads from the Sally Ann were walking in and then running out the town exit and disappearing. That exit was at the end of the store where the meat and cheese aisles are located and the the opposite end of the store to the security desk, not that the security guards in there are of much use anyway.

And once cooked and eaten.. No proof!

Don
OP
Isn't the correct procedure to put up a picture of said container held by child in sadface pose on the supplier's twitter feed and berate them publicly for inflicting such mental cruelty on your entire family ?

Now that's a proper evil master plan, very devious I like it, I plan to attack the device when I get back from work tonight :)

Soldato
I once received a nice bottle of Champagne that still had the security device attached. I used brute force with a screwdriver and a hacksaw to liberate it.

Thinking back, It could have ended badly, but I was drunk at the time so I wasn't really concerned for my well-being.

Soldato
Had a bottle delivered with security tag on, just rang up and they came back out and swapped it over.

On a less serious note, c4 will get that bad boy off. Might not be much milk left mind

Don
OP
I once received a nice bottle of Champagne that still had the security device attached. I used brute force with a screwdriver and a hacksaw to liberate it.

Thinking back, It could have ended badly, but I was drunk at the time so I wasn't really concerned for my well-being.

;)

You could return it with receipt and ask them to remove it? that's if you have the receipt that is... ;)

You have questioned my honour sah, pistols at dawn :p

speaking of criminal, when did my shopping list turn so metrosexual, used to filled with steak, beer and bacon :(

W3hBUD9.png

Don
OP
yes yes that was the wrong aptimal product :p very eagle eyed you pesky lot, here is yet more unmanly food and te remainder of our shopping list, with the correct item nestled within

d2EAdqu.png

Back
Top Bottom