• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4A Games update Metro Exodus, new engine, Ray Tracing GPU now required

Suspended
Excellent news.... But how long do we have to wait for this?

Hopefully because they've designed this around the new consoles, the RT performance while matching their settings should be quite good.

Based on DF comparisons, RT performance on next gen consoles is not that good, they usually need lower than lowest quality RT on PC and have to fall back to 30fps. One thing we haven't seen yet is a well optimized RT game, because it's a feature that's bolted on rather than the engine being designed around it.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sorry, I didn't know that upgrading the game to a newer engine with DX12 Ultimate support, adding 4k textures and a long list of new rayvtracing features costs $0 for the developer, I'm sure they already did all this work before the game launched and just kept it hidden away.

I'm not saying they should charge for it, I'm just saying they could have - many other developers have charged for enhanced editions of their game and this game's enhanced version is well above the new features that most enhanced games get

I'm pretty sure, they got compensated by nVidia to implement all the features.

Associate
Good news - I am about a third through the original as I was waiting for an RTX card to play the game. Might put on ice now until this update is available.

Soldato
This was a choice they took, no one forced them to invest the time to do this. They’re probably doing it as a stepping stone to test out a new engine for their next game.

They did this to release PS5 and XSX versions with RT. Obviously want to cash in on the RT hype.

Soldato
OP
I heard PS5/Xbox won't have RT reflections. Is that true?

Console RT is not going to match PC's feature set and image quality, that's just the truth of it.

As per the Q&A comparing Nvidia's cards to the PS5 and Series X, 4A Games said "There is no comparison between them, Nvidia RTX cards are in a completely different league when it comes to Ray Tracing performance"

Last edited:
Associate
Exodus... I enjoyed it a lot, but I totally prefer the first two. I loved the idea of a devastated planet with people being able to survive only indoors, also the ghosts you could see in the tunnels, the dark ones, etc. Then I saw that people were everywhere and I was a bit "meh".

Back
Top Bottom