LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
anyone know how I can turn off the 4hr auto power off?

Like most of us Im working from home all day for 10 hrs + a day and getting that warning twice a day is becoming a real pain (I don't know why they cant sense something in the hdmi signal changing and keep the timer restarting or something - until no input /change is detected)

I get why they have it, but I don't see why it isn't an option to turn the option off completely

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and got one of these arriving on Thursday. Many of you had issues with dead pixels on this display as I see many reports of this on the other sizes but not so much the 48?

Associate
I had dead pixels on my C9 55” but they took 13 months to appear. Got panel replaced with a better panel with no vertical banding. Then got it calibrated. Excellent results.

Caporegime
Is banding a problem with this screen? I hear they all have it to some degree, especially in dark scenes, which makes me want to go with a QLED panel instead.

Associate
From my experience banding is one of those things that once it is seen it can’t be unseen. If you don’t go looking for it most would not even notice it or know about it. Of course on forums you only see the worst examples but I would say it is mostly not an issue for the majority. My previous panel had a slight band on the right and I could only see it in 5% grey test slides and even then it was not bothersome in normal viewing.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
anyone know how I can turn off the 4hr auto power off?

Like most of us Im working from home all day for 10 hrs + a day and getting that warning twice a day is becoming a real pain (I don't know why they cant sense something in the hdmi signal changing and keep the timer restarting or something - until no input /change is detected)

I get why they have it, but I don't see why it isn't an option to turn the option off completely

Control button on remote > Timers >Time and switch off the 4 hours auto power off tab

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and got one of these arriving on Thursday. Many of you had issues with dead pixels on this display as I see many reports of this on the other sizes but not so much the 48?

I think its not so much to do with the size of the panel but the overall quality control coming from LG labs which imo is not the best at the moment.

You could probably get dead pixels on 48 inch panels and 55inch and all the other various sizes, its just random chance almost.

I would shortly after setting up your screen run a dead pixel check against the colour slides, so open youtube app off the TV and scroll over to a test like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emnTTyN1Mdc

And check it few times for any dead pixels, you have usually a certain time to return the TV if you are not happy with it so make sure for dead pixels, then maybe after a good 100hrs use or 1-2 weeks solid use check for banding issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIJxh9UGyak&t=119s

Remember after usually 30 days, your retailer won't really help you in terms of dead pixels or banding so you can't return it but you maybe still able to get support or get the panel replaced, richer sounds is a gem lately they appear to acknowledge and understand banding is a legit issue. Currys been decent in this regards also.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Is banding a problem with this screen? I hear they all have it to some degree, especially in dark scenes, which makes me want to go with a QLED panel instead.

Not so much on 48inch panels, it does appear the bigger screens have it more so though. Seen 100s of issues where 55"-77" owners can only see a giant band appear on screen during the dark scenes in films and tv series and the retailer pretty much giving the middle finger response. Some retailers are decent though and while dead pixels and banding is not really covered as faults (it really should be) some are covering it unofficially and exchanging out TVs with sever banding.

Soldato
Control button on remote > Timers >Time and switch off the 4 hours auto power off tab

All my timers are off

Not sure what you mean by "control button" but taking you mean holding settings button down for a few seconds? :)

Under General / Time / Timers

Sleep timer, Power on & Power Off and 4 hours auto power off - all these are definitely disabled and Ive even tried leaving the last one on for a couple of cycles, allowing tv to turn off and then disabling it again and I still get the warning every 4 hrs

Associate
48CX has dropped price everywhere to 1300 now. C1 will be coming in the next few months, of course, although with minimal improvements it seems.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
All my timers are off

Not sure what you mean by "control button" but taking you mean holding settings button down for a few seconds? :)

Under General / Time / Timers

Sleep timer, Power on & Power Off and 4 hours auto power off - all these are definitely disabled and Ive even tried leaving the last one on for a couple of cycles, allowing tv to turn off and then disabling it again and I still get the warning every 4 hrs

Hmm sounds like a glitch and you are on the latest firmware I take it?

have you tried to reset the tv to factory settings and then disable that timer and then see if it still has the same issue perhaps. If not worth asking LG support to fix the bug, obviously switching that timer off it shouldn't pop up.

Ill disable mine and see how it goes over the next few days also.

Man of Honour
How did people rate this for productivity? I'm going to have a 1m deep desk so within the realms of workable for me.... if it's worth it.

Associate
How did people rate this for productivity? I'm going to have a 1m deep desk so within the realms of workable for me.... if it's worth it.

I suppose it depends on what you are doing personally I think it's brilliant as a gaming monitor, TV and watching YouTube. I don't think I could work with it updating my website, Photoshop making printed material or using coreldraw / illustrator I would rather use my 27" display for that purpose.

I have this wall mounted about 1.2m from my sitting distance.

Man of Honour
I suppose it depends on what you are doing personally I think it's brilliant as a gaming monitor, TV and watching YouTube. I don't think I could work with it updating my website, Photoshop making printed material or using coreldraw / illustrator I would rather use my 27" display for that purpose.

I have this wall mounted about 1.2m from my sitting distance.
Thanks for your reply - what in particular would make the 27” better for your productivity tasks?Just a more practicable size?

Associate
Thanks for your reply - what in particular would make the 27” better for your productivity tasks?Just a more practicable size?

For all day close viewing productivity you ideally want the lowest brightness, lowest contrast, lowest reflection screen possible. OLED is great for media but incredibly fatiguing up close with static content ime.

Associate

Yes the size is an issue I use a BenQ SW270C for work 48" would be too big also the BenQ is aimed for the tasks I need to do the colour is pretty much perfect out of the box. What I see on the screen is accurate to what comes back from the printing company.

Back
Top Bottom